Danny Orr Talk

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevocod

Re: Danny Orr Talk

Post by stevocod »

ince warrior posted:
jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted: He is hardly going to say he was forced out and is only at London as second best is he?

He is just another casualty of the clubs mismanagement of the salary cap.

Dave
How can you substantiate this Dave? Orr makes a statement as plain as the nose on your face and, because it doesn't suit your theory, you simply imply that he is lying through his teeth!
Maybe, but Dave has got a point... Who would you choose, Quins or WIgan, a club he has been settled at for the past couple of years?
Why? He says in that link that he wanted to play amongst London's new signings and feels it will get the best out of him and didn't obviously think he would get first choice ahead of Barrett and that was confirmed before he started playing well for us.

He's gone now and remembered as a very tenacious player last year and games, like against London, he really stuck in my mind as a good player, but he has his reasons. You can say Dave that the club already bought Barrett and it's club mismanagement, but at the end of the day it was Orr's decision to leave and not stay and fight for his place.

I would only be angry if the club forced him to leave and on this links evidence, they did not.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

godwin went yes we liked him but how much do you pay a player, we have payed too much for players before and our squad suffers when we get a few injury's,lack of depth,contracts ar'nt worth nothing well if that was the case DV would have gone last season,if he had a normal job he would have been sacked,
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

lucky 13 posted:
godwin went yes we liked him but how much do you pay a player, we have payed too much for players before and our squad suffers when we get a few injury's,lack of depth,contracts ar'nt worth nothing well if that was the case DV would have gone last season,if he had a normal job he would have been sacked,
Well that just in theory and depends on the job and whether the company is in a position to buy out the contract. Look Nobby is shaping his own squad and given we bought Bailey and Barrett fairly early we needed to make sure we covered postions as well as covering the wage cap.

Once DV's contract runs out, i am sure he will go and we will get a replacement or two. I just think bear with Nobby and trust him and don't expect immediate success after the position Millward and Betts left him in.