How good was Lockers :) ;)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
RRR

Re: How good was Lockers :...

Post by RRR »

i totaly agree cpwigan the fact that he does so much defensive work there is bound to be the occasional high shot/penalty. lockers is a proper workhorse ok he is not at his best every single game but then there are not that many who are
Keep_The_Faith

Post by Keep_The_Faith »

I stated last week that Trent would be special, and despite the best efforts of Bentham, Trent inspired a terrific,gutsy win, people strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride.
"They just came to the club.I was there training in the Under 13's. They told us we had to stop playing Rugby 13. They took our kit and even the balls". 1942 unknown French rugby league player. Never forget.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

kick it int duggie posted:
I stated last week that Trent would be special, and despite the best efforts of Bentham, Trent inspired a terrific,gutsy win, people strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride.
I very rarely have a go at the ref but today he gave them everything. How often at play the ball did Ellis and Peacock lift the players leg and nudge him round after the tackle call was made.

And the last minute penalty was a farce what about the video ref he should have informed him it was not a reef by Hock. Seems on Leeds get them calls.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i had a pal in today who never watches league ,he passed comment on how much wigan where penalised when leeds got away with the same thing
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The facial / grapple does my head in. Bailey got away with it time and time again.

BTW - I hope they continue ignoring it BUT nearly everybody has reverted to not touching the ball with the boot at a POTB.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

we were ehavily penalised for holding down, it counted a few times were leeds held us down and despite our players complaining, nothing came of it.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
OAMJSONA

Re: How good was Lockers :) ;)

Post by OAMJSONA »

CP and Gimble

yes its me

i will agree with you for once he did play well today did give a couple of penalties away and could have spent 10 mins in the sin bin

but i will give the lad his due

well done
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

pedro

Post by pedro »

I only saw one and it stopped their fastest player ina dangerous position so a good tackle....

well played Lockers and team
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

CP you are spot on Lockers was excellent.A great team performance but they nearly blew it with stupid penalties and loosing the ball.Bentham was poor and seemed to ignor what Leeds did but yet penalise Wigan for the same things.
XIII

Post by XIII »

CPWigan, you're spot on pal, Although I'm a fan of Lockers. If he was so poor as some people think. Why does he get in the GB squad/team! Great head shot though to stop such a quick player!! Only penalty I can think of that he gave away!!!!
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!