New Shirts ????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: New Shirts ????

Post by ian.birchall »

warriors posted:
johnsons_babexx, wot dont like like about the home shirt that we av now? i think that is alright. Sarah an her parents dont like it as well.

But i am not really that bothered if we get a new shirt or not.

O and, i start work at jjb sports on thursday, so i will be able 2 tell u what new shirts we are gettin.

The names that i am goin 2 have on the home an away sirts are, carney on the home, an lam on the away.
English please not texting
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

When will we know if the players are keeping their squad numbers? Because i have no doubt that carney will keep 5 but i want to be sure!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
warriors

Post by warriors »

wot r u on about. English please not texting :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warriors posted:
wot r u on about. English please not texting :conf:
In English: "What are you on about, 'English please not texting'?".

As I've mentioned before, the Internet is not a mobile phone and doesn't require you to save on typing because of message length limits. Writing whole words makes it easier for all people on here to read. Some of us are a long way past being hip'n happening teenagers who are up-to-date with all the latest abbreviations and phrases which seem to have come along with txt spk.

You should also remember that the internet is international, and there are some people on here who are not based in the UK. English perhaps isn't even their first language but I know they would struggle with some of this abbreviated nonsense.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
warriors

Post by warriors »

i no but it is alot faster an easier 2 type. so that is wot i do. Like when i talk 2 my friends on msn, we all type like this, coz it is a lot faster an easier. :D

but come on, the english that we av is . coz most of the words r not spelt how they sound, an av all these, silent e an that.

I think that it is alot better type in txt mode. :)

An i will type how i like.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
I think that it is alot better type in txt mode. :)

An i will type how i like.
Warriors, there are some people that aren't as familiar with 'text shorthand' as you are. I personally I have to read over shorthand messages a few times because there is no grammar or punctuation in them. You can write how you like but can you make sure they're clear please?
warriors

Post by warriors »

Rob, is this an english lesson. NO. So y is the point in using grammer an punctuation? When even if we dont use it, the ppl wil still b able 2 understand it.

Alot of ppl use (lol), how r some ppl goin 2 no wot that means?

I dont use all wot i type in txt mode. An wot i type ppl will no wot it says, coz most of them sound how thay r spelt. So at the end of the day ppl will be able 2 understand my way, rather than the english Lit way :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Warriors, this is not about English lessons, it's about being able to communicate with the rest of the world. Only a small number of people speak in abbreviations, most of us use proper words. There are several billion people around the world and in the UK who don't even speak English as their first language who cannot understand what you write, my girlfriend for one. Believe it or not grammer(sic) and punctuation are not just for English lessons, they are pretty vital in enabling people to understand each other. withoutgrammarthingsdontmakenosensetonobody

Some abbreviations such as LoL and IMO are well-established for use on the internet. Searches for netiquette on the web will give you more information on those.

I think your last sentence says that people will be able to understand you. The fact it took me several minutes to figure it out means you are wrong. This is a discussion group, and in order for people to discuss things they need to be able to understand each other. There are several people on here who have been online for a long time who can't understand you so we can't really discuss things with you.

We don't ask for much, just some words we can understand without having to scratch our heads and work out what you're trying to say. We'll stop pestering you then and we can all get back to the important stuff of discussing Wigan.

Thank you.
Fraggle
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
OJ

Post by OJ »

We all use text speak on mobile phones where it can be quite handy but it is totally un-necessary on here unless you are a second rate Ali G impersonator.
If you have just started work at the JJB what did your application form look like?

Deer Mr Weelon
Can i av a job wiv u cos i am ded gud at deelin wiv da pubic?

Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

now.. about those shirts??? LOL.. we seemed to have strayed a little off topic!! hahaha..

i love the away we have now.. unfortunatly, like alot of people i have a problem with the home, eg) quality of jersey.. pulls etc are a big issue with the shirt, & that darned jjb logo, needs re designing.

i just hope that if we do get a new shirt, that a) it`s out in time for crimbo. b) it is blue & white again.. always liked that colour....