4 points its official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: 4 points its official

Post by Fraggle »

highland convert posted:
Fraggle posted:
pieater-alex posted:
Correction 10th in the league
You can't count either! 22-4 = 18. Catalans in 10th have 15. 15 < 18 therefore we are 9th! Don't believe everything you read on the BBC...!
Wrong again, we are actually seventh though hull still has a game in hand due to our superior points difference. Sould make the play offs so not too bad considering the first victory re 4 or 8 points. HC
You sure? Wires, Hull and Quins all have 20 points, Shuddersfield 19 and we've got 18. Even the bbc have now agreed with my maths that we're 9th! 22 - 4 <> 20.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

the table on this website is not upto date
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

highland convert posted:
Fraggle posted:
pieater-alex posted:
Correction 10th in the league
You can't count either! 22-4 = 18. Catalans in 10th have 15. 15 < 18 therefore we are 9th! Don't believe everything you read on the BBC...!
Wrong again, we are actually seventh though hull still has a game in hand due to our superior points difference. Sould make the play offs so not too bad considering the first victory re 4 or 8 points. HC

the table on our website hasnt updated hull fc and salford!!! look on bbc thats just been updated
smudge273

Post by smudge273 »

The thing for me is
1) The RFL did NOT sanction the Fielden transfer and did NOT check if we were in the cap limit. This can only mean that Maurice is not only inept at accounting, but he tells lies too.
2) I think that for the club that we all love to go out and blatently CHEAT to stay up is outrageous and we as fans should not be party to these antics. We need to send a clear and concise message to rest of Rugby League. We hate what this Muppet has done to the club and for me he has to go.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Fraggle posted:
highland convert posted:
Fraggle posted: You can't count either! 22-4 = 18. Catalans in 10th have 15. 15 < 18 therefore we are 9th! Don't believe everything you read on the BBC...!
You sure? Wires, Hull and Quins all have 20 points, Shuddersfield 19 and we've got 18. Even the bbc have now agreed with my maths that we're 9th! 22 - 4 <> 20.
Sorry used this site tables. not been updated yet. oops, don't beleive all you read. :blush: HC
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

highland convert posted:
Fraggle posted:
highland convert posted: Wrong again, we are actually seventh though hull still has a game in hand due to our superior points difference. Sould make the play offs so not too bad considering the first victory re 4 or 8 points. HC
Sorry used this site tables. not been updated yet. oops, don't beleive all you read. :blush: HC
No worries, plenty of time for all the numbers to change before the end of the season in any case!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Ruzzle

Post by Ruzzle »

In the few posts I scribe on this site my views are normally conservative and non offensive. However, in this instance there appears in my opinion to have been a catastrophic failure in senior management to perform their required function. Maurice, you have made a right bollocks of it this time pal!!! To make matters worse its not the first time either!!! Most intelligent people learn from their mistakes (hopefully the 1st time) and go on to correct the malfunction in the system. You appear not to have learnt, thus rating you 10/10 on the "total half wit-ometer".

Solution:- remove yourself from the situation or draft someone in who can point us in the right financial direction. Alternatively get the same bent (allegedly) accountant that Stains have! :roll:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

The reality of this situation is simple - we did okay.

A couple of weeks ago we were facing the very real possibility of a 12-points deduction, which would have meant certain relegation.

To get away with only losing 4 is getting away with it big time. Okay, it means that making the play-offs is now a tall order. But at least we've got a good fighting chance of avoiding relegation.

That doesn't mean Maurice hasn't fouled it up. He clearly has. But it could have been far, far worse.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

smudge273 posted:
The thing for me is
1) The RFL did NOT sanction the Fielden transfer and did NOT check if we were in the cap limit. This can only mean that Maurice is not only inept at accounting, but he tells lies too.
2) I think that for the club that we all love to go out and blatently CHEAT to stay up is outrageous and we as fans should not be party to these antics. We need to send a clear and concise message to rest of Rugby League. We hate what this Muppet has done to the club and for me he has to go.
Quote from the Daily Mail
"At first the RFL refused to register Fielden as a Wigan player because, a few weeks earlier, they had been unable to pay former Great Britain fullback Kris Radlinski when he came out of retirement.

Fielden's registration was eventually accepted when Wigan said they would release players to accommodate him."
So weredid you get the info that the RFL didn't sanction it?

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

£220.000 over the limit does not bear thinking about a lot of bad management issues there.
IF that was the case then we deserved 4 points
This was my first reaction to the news now i have time to reflect on the overspend .What was the overspend after the players rallied round with deferred payments???????
How much over we at the end of the season ?????
Seen the ruling that not in the spirit of the game .
At the end of the day it should have been the overall spend at the end of the season that counted .
Will the deffered payments count on this years cap??
What will Dave Whelans reaction be to the hearing as he was at Blackpool last night (he has kept himself in the background)????