Coley confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lancaster077

Re: Coley confirmed

Post by lancaster077 »

Im not impressed with the Coley signing as i think hes not a patch on Fletcher and as his replacement it is a big step back for us.

He has a hell of a lot to prove and i hope he can prove me wrong and become a good player for us.

He has the higest individual penalty count over every player in super league last season and this season so its not looking good, Him and hock in second row.We will never win a game.

It would soften the blow if we signed a World class prop and a World class center after all we will have the space on the salary cap.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

coley has a lot to do to change my opinion of him,a hard yards prop like gareth carvell is what we really need.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
GeoffN posted:
Now confirmed on the club site:

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3225
A two year deal. Oh well, roll on 2010.

Dave
Give him a chance!! :angry:
loyal

Post by loyal »

Might sound stupid, but might be an idea!

8 .. Palea'aesina
10 .. Coley
11 .. Bailey
12 .. Fielden
13 .. O'Loughlin

Get rid of Hock, Bench him maybe!
And we are looking at signing a new centre anyway so..

This a stupid idea?
** THE BLOOD OF A WARRIOR RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS **
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

We need to wait until the pack for 2008 is finalized before we can evaluate this signing.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Coley has signed - whether we like it or not. He wouldn't be the first forward we have signed to surprise everyone by playing better than we ever thought possible. We have signed many big name players in the past and they have been a complete disappointment - the biggest one of which leaves this season.

I think that it is unfair to pass judgment on any player until we have seen him play a few games for us. Either way he is here for 2 years and unless someone wants to buy a RL club then we had better get used to it

Like Jimmy said we have to give him a chance!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Ok,Ok,Ok he is now a Wigan player and none of us can do a thing about it so there is no point in moaning and he is after all a Noble signing.

So im going to give him a chance to impress me so i can retract some of my comments.If hes hard working and plays for the Team,Himself and the fans i will warm to him but if hes here just for the cash and going through the motions then im afraid he will be disliked like Fielden and DV is currently.

But he needs to take the penalties out of his game and put at least 1 stone on between now and the start of the season if we are going to use him as a prop.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I think he'll be a good solid player for us and I wish him all the best. The best thing is I wouldn't expect he'll be on a fortune.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

lancaster077 posted:
Ok,Ok,Ok he is now a Wigan player and none of us can do a thing about it so there is no point in moaning and he is after all a Noble signing.

So im going to give him a chance to impress me so i can retract some of my comments.If hes hard working and plays for the Team,Himself and the fans i will warm to him but if hes here just for the cash and going through the motions then im afraid he will be disliked like Fielden and DV is currently.

But he needs to take the penalties out of his game and put at least 1 stone on between now and the start of the season if we are going to use him as a prop.
He's already at least 2 stone heavier than O'Barrell now and everyone on here is well satified with him!! :conf: