Everyone watching RU?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Everyone watching RU?

Post by ancientnloyal »

we are a mixture of all sorts. Vikings inhabited vast amounts of scotland/ northern england for centuries... I doubt they all vanished and were replaced by 'angles'. that is just the term 'english' come from.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Didn't watch it; I've got some grass* that looks like it might be thinking of growing, had to watch that instead.

Read the reports, though, and even they made me yawn; I couldn't have stayed awake for 80 minutes of it. Yet again, a battle of goalkickers and not a single try.

* Edit: no, not that sort!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

To be honest i sometimes would like to see a penalty goal from near the half way line in tight games. We dont see that often in league.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

GeoffN posted:
not a single try.
wigan vs manly anyone?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Keep_The_Faith

Post by Keep_The_Faith »

I wont have anything to do with rugby union, they tried and failed to destroy RL, they collaborated with the nazis in france in WW2 to get league banned, they banned anyone who played RL pro or amateur and had a leading administrator who refferred to RL players as REPTILES no you can keep their tinpot world cup rubbish all of it.
"They just came to the club.I was there training in the Under 13's. They told us we had to stop playing Rugby 13. They took our kit and even the balls". 1942 unknown French rugby league player. Never forget.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

- psycho - posted:
GeoffN posted:
not a single try.
wigan vs manly anyone?
that is an unfair comparison. SA had a penalty from near half way line, you didnt see that in the Manly game we'd have kicked into touch to have a crack for 6. (as i recall) Stephenson wasnt it?

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

- psycho - posted:
GeoffN posted:
not a single try.
wigan vs manly anyone?
England have just brought all the opposition down to their level, rather than playing to a higher degree of quality and performance, needed to win such competitions.

Hence the boring teams deserved to lose - no matter which Countries they come from.

In fact, how many tries have England scored tries in the last three/four matches in this years Union?

I thought not many - One??!! (in 270/360 minutes of play, is disgusting IMO, and does not deserve supporters or the hyperbole/fake passion on display - no matter what the end result)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i sometimes watch union but thought tonights game was boring
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

When it comes to patriotic support I find it hard to find any for the RU they were always the upper class enemy from down south.

So while not for all the same reasons I agree with Ancient and Loyal.

I actually ''even though I have no connections'' have more respect for the Welsh ,when RU was amateur(or supposedly) hardly any top class England internationals came to RL if they thought about it they normally got a good job with the salary to go with it, the Welsh did not have the money or connections to do this thats why our game was blessed with the likes of Boston Davies and countless others(thus the word shamateurisum), the only reason they didn't turn to league as a nation was because of the hatred of England RU(or to put it more correctly the upper class gentry that ran/run the game) and the chance to beat them was worth more to them than pay, I could go on and on my dislike as been handed down from an early age .

This as changed in some ways with the onset of professionalism in their sport and the coming generations will not feel the same way but to me its important to remember ,eg, RL was banned in the services until recently which as restricted the growth of our sport internationally this was down to public school educated RU loving officers and should be a constant embarrassment to the RU and sporting authority s of this country .

This shame should be worse in France as they conspired with the Nazi's in the war to ban RL .

Most of the RU coaches and players respect league and use both techniques and ex RL players to improve the game.

Bigoted views of the RU media still gets on my nerves, Faz as taken a lot of stick but its the people that signed him that have made the mistake ,he was injured and playing at prop for them to expect him to slot in the backs is well ''stupid'' , even though that game last night was crying out for a player with his line breaking ability and creation.

When it comes to other national sides well I don't surport them but Kangeroos, Brazil and the All Blacks have produced some great sporting moments and great players thus you see a lot of replica kits in sports shops which are regularly picked up by the patriotic
British public .

I am patriotic but supporting the England RU team sticks in the throat for me even though I try :conf:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

NO WAY would we watch the RU Not because we are not patrioctic...I prefer Cricket and snooker and rugby league to RU and soccer.
We watched the rugby league game and then the snooker.
WIGAN TILL I DIE