Request to moderators.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Fraggle

Re: Request to moderators.

Post by Fraggle »

warriors10 posted:
highland convert posted:
Moderators please do something about the poster calling himself God. As a Christian I find it highly offensive. It is desgned to mock. I am surely not the only one here that feels like this. You are quick enough to stamp out swearing. A good thing. This to me and I am sure many others is far worse. Please ask that the name be changed. HC
:D lmao get a life you sad sad person!
Sorry, but I consider that comment to be out-of-order. Whilst I'm not sure if I personally agree with HC's request, and it's perhaps something we moderators need to discuss amongst ourselves, I can see where he's coming from and he's more than entitled to voice his concerns without being seen as "sad". There are other ways to phrase your disagreement with him without resorting to personal insults.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Kat

Post by Kat »

:eh:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whether one agrees / disagrees HC et al are perfectly entitled to their view.

I reserve judgement as I tend to think people using such names may be on a wind up/Latics fans etc.

For what it is worth I think Butt Monkey is the funniest 'in character' type poster.
wigan_twins

Post by wigan_twins »

cpwigan posted:
Whether one agrees / disagrees HC et al are perfectly entitled to their view.

I reserve judgement as I tend to think people using such names may be on a wind up/Latics fans etc.

For what it is worth I think Butt Monkey is the funniest 'in character' type poster.
CP you are like the father of the boards making everyone calm again :D
any1 whos fancys a gd hard shagin message me men nd especially women ;) xxxxxxxxxxx
Bear

Post by Bear »

warriors10 posted:
highland convert posted:
Moderators please do something about the poster calling himself God. As a Christian I find it highly offensive. It is desgned to mock. I am surely not the only one here that feels like this. You are quick enough to stamp out swearing. A good thing. This to me and I am sure many others is far worse. Please ask that the name be changed. HC
:D lmao get a life you sad sad person!
WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! how can you call him that! He is religious and i actually looked at this users name and thought hes taking the mick, also , he was taking the mick out of god and his miricles...
I cant belive you can call HC A sad person just because of what he belives in! Im not telling you to belive in god but god have mercy on you.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I think the user with the user name "God" should do the decent thing and change it.

I am not a religious person myself but I feel uncomfortable seeing this user name on posts because I know there are several people who use this board who would be offended and may even cease to post as a result.

Dave
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im sorry but that is ridiculous, why should a user change his name because it co-incides with another persons believe. There is probably a religion out there were the god they believe in is called dave, so does that mean you should change your name?. It shouldn't make HC or anyone unconfortable because its not a personal attack on anyone its just a name. People should lighten up a bit like i stated previously its worng for anyone to try and force their beliefs on anyone else, and if you are asking a person to change their name because of your religious views then that is exactly what you are doing. Its no a proffanity and its not an insult at anyone, so why should he have to change?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Whilst the use of God itself wouldn't offend me (and I 'try' to be Christian) due to the fact that the word crops up so often in every day speech without the user ever really meaning any offence or implying that they were greater than the Almighty, I do sympathise with HC's views & can understand hsi position. What I find more offensive is when someone purposely sets out to offend Christianity like the case of a Moderator, no less on the Saints RLFans forum who regularly crops up on the Wigan forum with an avatar that shows a crucifix inside a circle and a red line scored through it, implying 'No Christians'. Despite a complaint he refused to change it. He eventually did so but only when he had something else to wind people up with eg a photo of Roby with the MOS award.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I the case you are reffering to i would agree that that person should of changed their avatar as it is a direct attack on anyone who believes in chritianty by implying that no religous veiws should be allowed. Everyone should be allowed to live their own live and believe what they want the username god is not offending anyone, its not sayin that people should or shouldn't believe in god, i know im ranting alot but things like this really annoy me, its like freedom of speech, (as long as you say what we want you to), like i saw on 2 seperate occasions in my local town preachers from 2 seperate religions which i thought was wrong, not least because if i went up and started preaching about how i believe that religion is rubbish and only causes wars i would of got moved on.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

People are offended all the time by lots of things; why should religious people have a "god-given?" right to be exempt from that?

I find pictures of Saints players much more offensive, but I wouldn't dream of asking for them to be removed; Saints fans (for example) are just as entitled to their delusions as anyone else, why should Christians (Or Muslims, or whatever) think they're entitled to special treatment to avoid upsetting them?

Come to think of it, isn't the use of "Saints" as a nickname equally offensive to Catholics?