What happend to Carney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: What happend to Carney

Post by robjoenz »

I am told we're looking at 8 weeks, maybe 3 months depending on how bad it is if broken. There's a chance of ligament damage too, if there is then it could be much longer.

Just keep faith that Faz and Cassidy will be back soon
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

it takes 6 weeks for a break to heal. a fracture is the same as a break only it shows up on an x ray as a hair line break this to takes 6 weeks to heal. the reason it may take 8 weeks for carney is he is having surgery im assuming this is because of the dislocation but it will take longer for the wound to heal and the stiches to come out.he may then need phisiotherapy which will take even longer.but the job must be done right.i hope hes ok soon and back playing.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
warriors

Post by warriors »

I am just saying that if he has damaged the Soleus, tendon, and, or Gastrocnemius muscels. then it could be alot longer. It could be from 2, 6 weeks longer myb more. I deffently hope that he hasnt.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Latest news says that Carney will be having an op on Monday, after which the extent of the damage will be known and recovery time estimated.

As other people have said, I reckon 6 weeks to 3 months is a realistic estimate of recovery time depending on the ligament damage.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

He is such a huge blow for the team, but its just one of them things. I watched it again when i got home and you can see his foot goes down sideways but then widnes twist him and his leg goes back straight leaving his ffot sideways. Cant imagine the pain he was going through but by what he was shouting i can imagine it was bad lol! When he comes back do you think it will affect his speed or anything, because it could, depending on how badly its broken. Well i hope he gets back as sson as he can, but i hope he comes back fit and not to soon. We need his talent (and looks) back in the team. GET WELL SOON BRIAN.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
o'loughlin with out the '

Post by o'loughlin with out the ' »

it rite what King carney is saying that he has discolated his ankle and broke it at the same time it looked nastey from where i was sitting sand i was sitting in the south stand! he will have a hevey bandage on first for the swellin of the discolation for 1-2 weeks then a cast for 4-8 then he will need phyiso
GET BETTER SOON CARNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

oh no.. that is terrible.. only just found out bout carneys injury.. knew it was bad, as he didn`t walk/hobble off...no player wants to be stretchered off,
an old couple next to us at the game said he had broke his leg as soon as it happened, & i was like 'crikey!' talk bout worst case scenario.. but looks like they were partly right...
i`m sure every RL fan wishes him a speedy return.... the game is lessened without him!! get well lad!

wiganrugbynut

Post by wiganrugbynut »

Beeb says Carneys got a double break and is out indefinately, Big Mo's taken the opportunity to have a pop at the salary cap as we cant sign a replacement even on loan!

Wouldn't be surprised if Carney doesn't re-appear this season...