Carmont signed - official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nine

Re: Carmont signed - offic...

Post by Nine »

Wigan Watcher posted:
... how many good centres do you know who are not going backwards in their careers at the age of 29 who play centre..
Gene Miles.
Squad number 18!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Nine posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
... how many good centres do you know who are not going backwards in their careers at the age of 29 who play centre..
Gene Miles.
stop dreaming lol if only
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i think he will be okay for 1 maybe 2 seasons at a push no longer than that...

will be good to cover our centre problem and a low cap signing, which is always good.....
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Gene Miles.. I didnt know he was still playing.lol

Exception to the rule comes to mind and that was a good few years ago the game is way different now!

jao 711

Re: Carmont signed - official

Post by jao 711 »

oh dear the profits of doom are at it again. : :angry:
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Cant say i'm overjoyed

but needs must i suppose. he's no better than DV tho maybe a abit faster.

but untill 09 and we can truly compete in the signing market he'll do a job
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

We really must not speculate or give opinion on any matter unless it is totally positive even though it may be a very valid point.

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Wigan Watcher posted:
So we have signed a potentially over the hill player, I say potentially because of his age. This is mere speculation but how many good centres do you know who are not going backwards in their careers at the age of 29 who play centre, I would say every player of this age playing centre has lost speed over the years.

I see another possible white elephant here!
He can only be a 'white elephant' if he turns out to be crap after he's been hailed as the next best thing and has cost us a fortune.

He hasn't cost us much, and no-one is claiming that he's a world-beater. He's a squad player, that's all. Not only that, it sounds as if the money we've saved on him will be spent on another - slightly bigger - signing, maybe to be announced in the next couple of weeks.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Cruncher posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
So we have signed a potentially over the hill player, I say potentially because of his age. This is mere speculation but how many good centres do you know who are not going backwards in their careers at the age of 29 who play centre, I would say every player of this age playing centre has lost speed over the years.

I see another possible white elephant here!
He can only be a 'white elephant' if he turns out to be crap after he's been hailed as the next best thing and has cost us a fortune.

He hasn't cost us much, and no-one is claiming that he's a world-beater. He's a squad player, that's all. Not only that, it sounds as if the money we've saved on him will be spent on another - slightly bigger - signing, maybe to be announced in the next couple of weeks.
I can only agree with most you have commented on. However any player that comes to Wigan that is no good is a white elephant in my eyes. We are talking about Wigan and in any position that we may find are selves in does not warrant signing sub standard players. I don’t pay sub standard money to get into the ground!

dawbz

Post by dawbz »

Why so negative?, i personally have not seen much of this guy and will only pass judgement when he steps onto the field, from what i have read on his profile i think he will do a good job for us.
Give the guy a chance for gods sake.