squad for Warrington friendly

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: squad for Warrington f...

Post by FROM A TO B »

I have no issue with my support of wigan, but with the rip off prices they are chrging and with it being Briers testimonial, I just can't bring myself to forking out
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The problem is Gemma that Briers is banking on emotional blackmail that Wigan fans will turn up to support Wigan. I refuse to give him the satisfaction and I think that is easy to justify for a non event.

On a more serious note. Friendlies likes this and all orthers held so far convince me more than ever that MG should be remembered during the SL home match v Wire rather than a friendly.

There was a time when testimnoials = fun. Players playing like RL versions of harlem glob trotters. Sending the referee up. Lots of light hearted pranks in the match and so on.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I know Briers hates us but what Warrington fan doesn't. Its only the same as Lockers having saints for his testomonial and the stains fans saying im not going becasue he hates us.

But hes served his time for warrington and RL, he plays the game we love with passion and if he had come to us instead he would have been a god by now.

Plus £13 isnt to bad, It was £18 at hudds last year and £17 at leeds last week.

By biggest worry is standing in the south stand with the warrington Thugs.

I used to go to every Locker cup in the 80's and every away day was a battle.
gw

Post by gw »

I certainly aint going giving him my money. Not spoke to many people who are to be honest!!

consigliere

Post by consigliere »

Well I am going and I doubt I will be on my own.

The bulk of this stuff about Briers hating wigan is just banter. People need to lighten up.
Any one who gets a testimonial has made a real achievement, playing this game for so long is no mean feat.

Had his signing for us gone through a few years ago and he said similar things about Saints people would have no problem with it.
They would see that as light hearted and funny.

Bring on Sunday.
I hate the close season.
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

members of my own family who are warrington fans aren't even going because even they don't want to be funding his beer habit.

My younger cousin goes out quite regularly and he's sick of seeing briers out and about, pee'd up and acting like an idiot.

by all accounts, the warrington players are now branching out and are spending nights out elsewhere so they won't be seen out on benders by their own fans!

My cousin has seen briers out on the beer the night before a match (albeit a friendly) then turning up and playing cack.

So as much as i hate to miss any wigan game i will not be going.

will be going over to bradford for paul deacon's testimonial match though....funny that
GEER EM ONSIDE
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Breeeers as always been a cry baby my eldest lad used to play against him when juniors and he hardly ever lasted a full game, he used to go off crying for one reason or another.

I hate the soft little git

get to him when is going for his usual drop goal and bloody cream him
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan posted:
The problem is Gemma that Briers is banking on emotional blackmail that Wigan fans will turn up to support Wigan. I refuse to give him the satisfaction and I think that is easy to justify for a non event.

On a more serious note. Friendlies likes this and all orthers held so far convince me more than ever that MG should be remembered during the SL home match v Wire rather than a friendly.

There was a time when testimnoials = fun. Players playing like RL versions of harlem glob trotters. Sending the referee up. Lots of light hearted pranks in the match and so on.
cpwigan again i agree with u the mike greg cup should be the first competetive game of the season between us and the wire switching where its played at every year
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Spanakopitta posted:
members of my own family who are warrington fans aren't even going because even they don't want to be funding his beer habit.

My younger cousin goes out quite regularly and he's sick of seeing briers out and about, pee'd up and acting like an idiot.

by all accounts, the warrington players are now branching out and are spending nights out elsewhere so they won't be seen out on benders by their own fans!

My cousin has seen briers out on the beer the night before a match (albeit a friendly) then turning up and playing cack.

So as much as i hate to miss any wigan game i will not be going.

will be going over to bradford for paul deacon's testimonial match though....funny that
what about his fizy pop coke habbit :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME