Absolute disgrace! left 20 mins early!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Absolute disgrace! left 20...

Post by pedro »

gw wrote:i stayed till the end as always, i might be wrong but where there to SUPPORT the team arn't we??

"your not fit to wear the shirt"??

"Boooo"

Great support eh?? What happened tyo the support we had a couple of years back when we where sat at the bottom of the league playing worse than we are now and the crowds just got bigger and bigger, even sky mentioned it every match, and what happens the team nearly reach the play-offs!!!

But sod that eh, its back to the old wigan way, oh where not winning lets go home!!!!

Team is better then than now. We flogged the dead wood (Moran, James and Wilkes) we had 2 players missing from our full strength team. Had just watched 4 teams being very, very competative then that sham turn up and expect me to sit there and chear a bunch of over paid half assed players when I had already spent a fortune and wasted a weeks holiday so I can go for the build up and savour it.

Get a grip they are lucky I left 10 minutes before the end and not half time......why should we turn up if they dont?

wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

My girlfriend is a Liverpool fan as well as a warriors fan and she remembers all the people who walked out at half time in the final in istanbul, now with hind sight, ye we lost misserably but there was a 2nd half! all the people who walked out would ave been the first to complain if we had won and they didnt see it! i felt like walking out at Bradford in the play-offs and look how that ended!
I agree with the above we are there to support our team and the money had already been spent so walking out was more of a waste of money than to stay til the end and not give them the satisfaction!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wiggydoran wrote:My girlfriend is a Liverpool fan as well as a warriors fan and she remembers all the people who walked out at half time in the final in istanbul, now with hind sight, ye we lost misserably but there was a 2nd half! all the people who walked out would ave been the first to complain if we had won and they didnt see it! i felt like walking out at Bradford in the play-offs and look how that ended!
I agree with the above we are there to support our team and the money had already been spent so walking out was more of a waste of money than to stay til the end and not give them the satisfaction!
I did leave this game 11 mins to the end (the first time I have ever left a game early), but I am sure that a 41 point difference could not have been made up in that time. I was at the Bradford play-off game and a few fans did leave that game well before the great come back, but my group stayed there till the end among with many many others and celebrated together but it is pointless berating those who left the ground at Cardiff, cos I think they, and me included, were just devastated by the teams performance. They probably don't do it as a rule. So please let it go now. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I did not boo or sing any "you're not fit to wear the shirt" stuff just shouted out "WHY!???" after Longy scored his second.

As mentioned apart from the discraceful performance, I was a bit ill and thought we'd beat some traffic. But the performance foremost made us leave that early
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

I just sat in my seat and scratched my arse. That's what the players seemed to be doing so I thought i'd give it a go.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i just moved seats last year at about the 70 minute mark because i was sat right next to the warriors bench and could just feel myself getting the urge to shout something, but stopped myself and walked away... :lol: :D

and also i was surrounded my saints fans and one behind me kept leaning over to my cousin and my mate ( the dirty saints fans) and saying whos scorin for us next then boys and so on. so i could see myself knocking him out aswell..
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

gw wrote:i stayed till the end as always, i might be wrong but where there to SUPPORT the team arn't we??

"your not fit to wear the shirt"??

"Boooo"

Great support eh?? What happened tyo the support we had a couple of years back when we where sat at the bottom of the league playing worse than we are now and the crowds just got bigger and bigger, even sky mentioned it every match, and what happens the team nearly reach the play-offs!!!

But sod that eh, its back to the old wigan way, oh where not winning lets go home!!!!

The season we nearly got relegated has become like my granny reflections on the war,

I remember the crowds reaction when we lost at home to quins and cas! no blitz spirit there! crowds only started to improve when nobby came in and the team stared to gel, up till then we were as fickle as we always have been and always will be!

stop looking back on that season like some kind of halcyon season, we were dire, we copped 2 record defeats back to back, not many cheering the lads on at leeds or stains. People pay thier money and are entitled to boo hiss clap or cheer, if they want to leave early so be it, he club has had the money.

personally didnt go to MM, chose not to, glad i did, but i did my own version of booing, turned the telly off and went and washed the car, much more enjoyable
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

chnwh wrote:I just sat in my seat and scratched my arse. That's what the players seemed to be doing so I thought i'd give it a go.
the players were scratching your arse???? :lol: :lol:
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Two seasons ago, they were at least trying. Not on Sunday!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Spanakopitta

Post by Spanakopitta »

i've shown more passion and pride playing in a game of touch in park then they showed on sunday :angry:

its not going to stop me going though, i'm a rugby league fan, i love the game and i'm not going to let that bunch of muppets ruin it.

i'll be there monday, mainly because i feel sorry for whitehaven, they'll be hoping for a decent crowd so they get a decent amount from the gate, can't see it happening to be honest, and if we play like sunday they stand a good chance of beating us !
GEER EM ONSIDE