tim smith

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
thomo

Re: tim smith

Post by thomo »

wonder what his wage demands would be like - could he be worth a gamble if he is trying to relaunch his career - get him on a cheap deal.

Having blown most of the salary cap on a star forward in Fielden and s star back in Barrett - this could give us a chance to free up some salary cap space and either get in some strength in depth (ie a pack) and anothe back or get four or five of the youngsters and three years deals and keep them
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Being depressed and making a big change in where you live, feeling more isolated, among strangers, not mixing well.
A destiny for disaster in that blokes head. Sadly Couldnt see him lasting 6 months.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Worked out OK for Jamie Lyon though, didn't it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

It did Mike, however, he wasn't bi-polar. I still think that if we can get him at a reasonable price, he's definately worth a gamble.

tom g

Post by tom g »

The kid is obviously talented and if the gamble paid off I would certainly be behind it. However there is no way of telling whether this guy will be the next joey johns or will take his wage and not show up. By the way I am sure that the off field issues Riddell had involved Smith & booze where he ended up in rehab.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Mike, Jamie Lyon was a well stable, focussed bloke before he came to the UK. I have a good mate who is "down in the dumps" to be polite, just like Tim Smith and any change to a secure routine sends him awol. Coming to the UK will take this bloke well out of his comfort zone and possibly with the old amber neckter as his comfort. I just hope he has his head round this, as he appears to be a real star in the making, skills wise.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

[IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36 ... msmith.jpg[/IMG]
Starting to unravel ... Smith faces the media with teammate Mark Riddell and Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald in May 2006 after turning up for training still under the influence of alcohol.
We're not all perfect
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

josie will take him under her wings :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

piss head

the last thing we need. imagine him gettin to be feka's mate. oh do you fancy a beer after training mate. next thing you know feka is doing 18 month and smith's in the priory.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

The media attention on the players in the NRL is the sort of attention that Premier League footballers get in this country.

Having bi-polar disorder and have that sort of pressure from the media must make his life very difficult at times. Coming to England might do him a world of good being away from the media pressure he is put under in Australia.

If he didn't have his 'problems' then most people would want this lad at Wigan he is a lot better than Michael Dobson and people wanted him back at Wigan.