UTC for Superleague??????

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Re: UTC for Superleague???...

Post by robjoenz »

Mike posted:
...an excuse to go on a weekend in the South of France every summer :)

The options for team number are increase to 13 or 14 clubs, or relegate 2 at the end of 2005. I'd prefer 14 clubs and no repeat fixtures ideally. However, I know that the quality of the sides would have to be up to it. Its only this year that the league genuinely doesn't include an easy-beat team.
The other French teams will sacrifice their best players to the SL side so all fans in the South of France will have some interest in the club. I think it's a good idea, but it's a good point that increasing to 14 teams would mean an easy-beat fixture. However, if you take a team with a decent youth system that would make best use of the SL experience then it might encourage NL teams to put their case forward to SL entry.
warriors

Post by warriors »

I think that their should be more games, an more teams. Coz i dont think that it last long anuf, the season. I would like to go an see more games. but i will never happen. I wouldnt mind tho a French team play in the SRL.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
I think that their should be more games, an more teams. Coz i dont think that it last long anuf, the season. I would like to go an see more games. but i will never happen. I wouldnt mind tho a French team play in the SRL.
Are you joking?

Coaches complain about having too many games as it is because of the strain and fatigue it puts their players under. Some people think that this is a contributing factor as to why the Aussies always seem better prepared than us, because they play far less games in their season.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

its a good idea in theory. but if you scrap wigan and stains thats twenty tousand people and a bradfud game is another fifteen tousand then a leeds game again fifteen tousand. you are now talking some big money lost to the clubs.you bring in a french team and they bring five hundred fans. now i know we have to promote the game but there must be a better way to do it without hurting the very teams that make the game great to start with.get rid of the salary cap but put a tax on how much each team spends this goes to the french clubs or the newly promoted team to help them set up maybe!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
mario

Post by mario »

Dont't think it matters about the lost revenue from the extra games because we can't spend it anyway. And more important than that it would mean a fair fixture list. How about a team from Wales? They would create big crowds.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

it would matter if the salary cap wasnt there like i said. why not put a tax on the amount of money spent say ten pence from every pound and this goes to the newly promoted clubs or the financialy unstable clubs to help them through hard times! there should be a minimum investment not a maximum investment!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart