London game...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: London game...

Post by Mike »

Fraggle posted:

The problem we have is there are only two sub spaces, and with the disintegration of the 3/4 line we need at least one player who can play centre and/or wing. We've already moved Wildy out there, and Locky can move from 6 to centre but then you need another halfback (one of Lam/Orr/Robinson). I'm not totally sure Newton is fully fit at the moment, so another hooker is required. Cassidy could play there but Mark Smith seems to be the preferred alternative at the moment. I think Smith could also be moved out wide if necessary, he's got a bit of pace as well.

It's a sign we've too many 2nd row forwards, only 3 of Cassidy, Farrell, Hock and Tickle, without mentionng the kids, can play at any one time and currently Hock seems preferred to Tickle.
I think moving Faz to loose forward would allow Hock, Cas and Tickle on the bench. O'Loughlin could start at centre and cover both loose forward, stand-off,and centre positions with Desi Williams on the bench. That does leave a problem if you want two prop subs, as there is no room for Smith. Orr covers both standoff and scrum half, so if Lam needs a break Orr could switch to s.h., with O'Loughlin moving to s.o. and williams coming onto the wing...

Isn't it great to have selection problems where you want to include more good players than you have spaces for...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆