Re: will you be renewing your season tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jaws1

Re: will you be renewing y...

Post by jaws1 »

Kittwazzer wrote:You are obviously all kids with short memories!

I had a season ticket when Vince Karalius resigned with the words "Wigan is a sick club. I do not think I am the right doctor!"

Following season saw us in Division 2 and we supporters were treated to Sunday afternoons in Batley, Doncaster, Huyton etc. Luckily we returned to Division 1 the season after but not as champions though. York beat us to that!!

Then things started to change. The 'Gang of Four' took over the club. Tom Rathbone, Jack Hilton, Jack Robinson and yes, Maurice Lindsay!! They took the entire UK game to the next level. They made Wigan the first fully professional outfit and for the next decade we were virtually unbeatable. I went to the first six Wembleys and then got bored. I let my season ticket go as well. No point really, Wigan were the only team who could win so why pay to go see them when it was only a question of how many points they would win by?? Also, their matches were on TV mostly!!

I bought my next season ticket 2 years ago. Noble's saving us from relegation marked the most exciting season in 20 years for me.

And yes. I shall be renewing my season ticket.

Any Season Ticket holder who decides not to renew is perfectly entitled to that decision for whatever reasons they might have.

Any supporter who comes on to a Warriors Forum asking whether ST holders intend to renew ie. suggesting they do not renew is, quite frankly, a supporter the Warriors can well do without!

Dont think A to B had this in mind when asking who is going to renew you are new on here A to B is a Wigan Warrior supporter through and through.
More of a poll and no one has suggested to others that they do not renew their season ticket.
And no i am not a kid probably watched Wigan longer than you have 55 years.

thewiganmedium

Post by thewiganmedium »

yep I will. i will also be getting the new shirt for my nephew as i do every year.
"True Legends never die"
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I had a season ticket when Vince Karalius resigned with the words "Wigan is a sick club. I do not think I am the right doctor!"

Following season saw us in Division 2 and we supporters were treated to Sunday afternoons in Batley, Doncaster, Huyton etc. Luckily we returned to Division 1 the season after but not as champions though. York beat us to that!!

Then things started to change. The 'Gang of Four' took over the club. Tom Rathbone, Jack Hilton, Jack Robinson and yes, Maurice Lindsay!! They took the entire UK game to the next level. They made Wigan the first fully professional outfit and for the next decade we were virtually unbeatable. I went to the first six Wembleys and then got bored. I let my season ticket go as well. No point really, Wigan were the only team who could win so why pay to go see them when it was only a question of how many points they would win by?? Also, their matches were on TV mostly!!

I bought my next season ticket 2 years ago. Noble's saving us from relegation marked the most exciting season in 20 years for me.

Any Season Ticket holder who decides not to renew is perfectly entitled to that decision for whatever reasons they might have.

Any supporter who comes on to a Warriors Forum asking whether ST holders intend to renew ie. suggesting they do not renew is, quite frankly, a supporter the Warriors can well do without!
With regards to your last paragraph, this vote was set up in line with a question that someone else had asked.
If you took the time to read the options, there is one for yes and there are also other options which include the overall cost of going to games.
OK, I only have an 80 mile round trip for each game, but with the current cost of living and fuel rises, it may be something that needs to be taken into consideration.
And before you ask, I'm not a kid, but at the same time have not been a Wigan supported for the past 50 years.
Sorry to say I've only been supporting the club since the Andy Gregory years and only held a season ticket for the 5 years preceding leaving CP and for every year but one whilst at the JJB (1 year due to work commitments).
Oh, and who has suggested that they should not renew? Does the thread title read "do not renew your ST"?

Oooh, I could crush a grape :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

[quote="FROM A TO B]Oh, and who has suggested that they should not renew? Does the thread title read "do not renew your ST"?

Oooh, I could crush a grape :roll: [/quote]

It was inferred. I read it along the lines of "Hands up all those who won't be renewing!" Sorry if I mis-interpreted!

BTW, fuel prices such as they are now, I would agree that an 80 mile round trip was reason enough to consider 'picking your games'. Its only a mile walk for me!!

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Kittwazzer wrote:[quote="FROM A TO B]Oh, and who has suggested that they should not renew? Does the thread title read "do not renew your ST"?

Oooh, I could crush a grape :roll:
It was inferred. I read it along the lines of "Hands up all those who won't be renewing!" Sorry if I mis-interpreted!

BTW, fuel prices such as they are now, I would agree that an 80 mile round trip was reason enough to consider 'picking your games'. Its only a mile walk for me!!

[/quote]

Good job I stick to 56MPH on the motorway :wink:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
pedro

Post by pedro »

Noble saved us from relegation?....we went over the cap by a record amount from it and unloaded garbage players like Brown and Moran.

You got bored of Wigan winning so why can you not acdcpet people getting bored of losing and putting up with mediocre performances?

Just a load of drivel.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

pedro wrote:
Noble saved us from relegation?....we went over the cap by a record amount from it and unloaded garbage players like Brown and Moran.

You got bored of Wigan winning so why can you not acdcpet people getting bored of losing and putting up with mediocre performances?

Just a load of drivel.
Let's get one thing straight. After 6 trips, I got bored with the Wembley thing year in, year out! How many Stains fans would like to be able to say that, I wonder??

I was never bored with Wigan winning. I agreed it was not necessarily great for the game but hey, I am a 6th generation Wiganer and wouldn't have had it any other way!!

But we were on the brink of relegation when Noble arrived. We avoided relegation. For that I was grateful!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Kittwazzer wrote:Let's get one thing straight. After 6 trips, I got bored with the Wembley thing year in, year out! How many Stains fans would like to be able to say that, I wonder??

I was never bored with Wigan winning. I agreed it was not necessarily great for the game but hey, I am a 6th generation Wiganer and wouldn't have had it any other way!!

But we were on the brink of relegation when Noble arrived. We avoided relegation. For that I was grateful!
You have the temerity to claim you are a better fan than
majority of tossers that use this site
. Then claim you got "bored" watching Wigan win?

Are you a moron? - I would never get bored of Wigan winning whatever trophies. I used to get upset if the club lost the Locker Cup!

You are pathetic to stop watching for the simple reason Wigan had some of the World's Best Players playing for them at that time and as such were unbeatable in virtually all the finals that they played in (they also deserved our respect AND support), not your ignorant desire to watch a losing team (why not follow Leigh then?).
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Never missed wembley due to me supporting the club....never stopped going when we were close to relegation due to me supporting the club....I go on about renewing season tickets next year but I know when the time comes we will as the frustration disappears come match day.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

i wish we only had an 80 mile round trip(260ish) but i will be renewing our 2.