Time for the "talk" to stop?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Time for the "talk&qu...

Post by butt monkey »

Fraggle wrote:
God wrote:Or say nothing in the papers, to the press, radio, or whoever, and get on with the job like a professional and win us something this year.

How does that grab you.
I agree with that, but at the same time I don't think the media will let us have that. They want interviews with players and I don't think the BBC, Sky, local papers or whoever will be happy if they don't get what they want. They all put money into the club in different ways, and the club has to honour such commitments.
In the past, Wigan still gave radio/newspaper/magazine interviews. But, they were more succinct, less "inflammatory* and very much less likely to "gee up" opponents or "provide ammunition" as others have stated on this thread.

Whoever was interviewed, usually were more graceful and more retrospective to their opponents. Even to the point that mediocre teams and players were "praised" as good players or teams, and that Wigan would have to be "at their best" to get anything from the forthcoming match. None of the "if we can catch a ball - we will stuff all our opponents" rubbish!

This from a team that was SO dominant at that time, yet still behaved to the media with decorum and moderation.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!