Mathers cleared.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Mathers cleared.

Post by cpwigan »

He was found guilty Mike
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:In all seriousness, I think the RFL essentially paid us back for supporting them over Hock. It cannot be right that Mathers gets guilty but sending off sufficient and has previous misdemeanours to his name whilst Moore gets found guilty of the same offence but gets 2 matches.
You know as well as anyone this happens all the time.

All we can do is speculate why. My own view is the RFL agreed with Noble who having viewed the incident said the club would defend the player "vigorously" which to me means Noble concluded he should not have been sent off at all. You can't after all defend the player if you admit he is guilty.

I think what you should be complaining about is the fact the RFL did not come up with a verdict of "no case to answer". This would have been an acknowledgement on their part that the ref got it wrong. We all know however they never do this.

They are not big enough to admit their mistakes and that IMO is a fundamental problem with the RFL as a whole. To state the obvious we learn from our mistakes but the RFL seem very reluctant to do this especially in the area of refereeing and I think this is a serious problem.

Dave
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Mathers has been found guilty purely to spare the RFL and Thaler any embarrassment. Apart from the MM when it was blatantly obvious for all to see that klein and ganson had combined to give Leeds the match - how often does the RFL admit that it or one of it's employees was wrong?

This either means that the RFL is always right - or that they cannot admit their mistakes. So as usual they closed ranks.

Moore was charged with the same offence as Mathers - both were found guilty yet Moore was banned for 2 games. Rather than admit that Thaler over-reacted and missed far worse challenges during the game; they have attempted to brush it under the carpet like they usually do.

Rather than trying to find new areas to expand the game into; if the RFL really wanted to increase support they should sort out the useless ****s in the purple shorts!

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

thats away out for them cp
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the outcome makes the RFL look even more ridiculous.

Similarly, those that are getting suspended are receiving suspensions that will conclude in the current season. Surely at this stage somebody must receive a suspension that runs on into 2009.

The Australian system works brilliantly.
jammie

Post by jammie »

i noticed that the dirty git whose name i carn't spell wasn't cited for striking mathers when mathers was on the ground and unable to defend himself,obviously in the eyes of the disaplinary that must be ok.WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH,and they must have seen it because it was part of the same incident.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jammie wrote:i noticed that the dirty git whose name i carn't spell wasn't cited for striking mathers when mathers was on the ground and unable to defend himself,obviously in the eyes of the disaplinary that must be ok.WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH,and they must have seen it because it was part of the same incident.

Demetriou :roll:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jammie

Post by jammie »

thats the one good local yorkshire name :D :D
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Lets pray Saints have a huge brawl this weekend! :devi: [/quote]

They could all knock out their opposite number and the numpties at RFL headquarters would find a mitigating circumstance to say it wasn't their fault!!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09