England vs Wales

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Warrior10

Re: England vs Wales

Post by Warrior10 »

Was at Doncaster watching the game live and ganson did make himself look like an idiot a couple of times, nice little stadium, bigger crowd than what i expected. Was impressed with higham, hock and fielden. Cant think why maurie been chosen over fielden, especially fieldens form over the last couple of months
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Warrior10 wrote: Cant think why maurie been chosen over fielden, especially fieldens form over the last couple of months
Fielden played well for about 2 months if that and Maurie Fa'asavalu has played well all season and that is why Fielden misses out.

Higham and Calderwood both showed what they can do if they are given abit of space just a shame Wigan let them go. Hock was impressive looked strong in the tackles just what we expect from him.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

MrDave wrote:
Warrior10 wrote: Cant think why maurie been chosen over fielden, especially fieldens form over the last couple of months
Fielden played well for about 2 months if that and Maurie Fa'asavalu has played well all season and that is why Fielden misses out.
One start and 23 substitute appearances out of a possible 34 does not mean that maurie has performed one iota better than stuart fielden, nor has he in all honesty, played as well as he did the season he swapped allegiance.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Surely Maurie has been chosen as he is an impact player, Fielden is a good solid player, he will take the ball up all gsme, but he is not an impact player IMO. He does not worry tired defenders in the same way that Fa'asavalu does.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought Fielden was average at best. He was up against a poor pack. Higham, Calders and Hock were all excellent.

Good crowd

Ganson was hilarious.