Warriors Announce Pre-Season Dinner

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Bear

Re: Warriors Announce Pre-Season Dinner

Post by Bear »

I also agree with Josie. It is expensive for fans ages 16+ as by that age you normally stop and think about saving for your future. I havent bought the charity shirt and i dont think i will be buying the home and away shirts, due to the fact as my season ticket price went up and im saving for a car. You have to prioritise.

On the other hand i dont know who posted it but it is a resonable price for parents who wish to take youngsters along to meet the players.

The new shirt will be on the website the day after. :D
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Bear wrote:I also agree with Josie. It is expensive for fans ages 16+ as by that age you normally stop and think about saving for your future. I havent bought the charity shirt and i dont think i will be buying the home and away shirts, due to the fact as my season ticket price went up and im saving for a car. You have to prioritise.

On the other hand i dont know who posted it but it is a resonable price for parents who wish to take youngsters along to meet the players.

The new shirt will be on the website the day after. :D
Its a tricky one... ironically it actually seems like better value to the arguably less hardcore fans who don't get a new shirt every year and don't go to all the meetings. For me I would consider it a once in a lifetime opportunity well worth £50 whereas if you've seen and spoken to the players before there would be no novelty value to justify the cost. If that makes sense?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

josie no 1 could ever ? your loyalty ,not only would they have me to deal with lol they would have all the players and coaching staff on there backs as well :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I have a wedding to save for :angry:

we're only going Quins away and saints at home for the first half of the season

*sniff*

(if you feel the need to donate, please PM me and i will gratefully accept)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ancientnloyal wrote:I have a wedding to save for :angry:

we're only going Quins away and saints at home for the first half of the season

*sniff*

(if you feel the need to donate, please PM me and i will gratefully accept)
is it any 1 we know????????????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Miss Wigan Athletic 2007
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
SOUTHPORT WARRIOR

Post by SOUTHPORT WARRIOR »

its only £25 at warrington for the same thing
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

josie andrews wrote:
Cruncher wrote:
Nobby`s Girl wrote:I think Josie may have been referring to the fact that a lot of fans like to attend these special dinners, weather pre-season or end of season, so sounds like Josie is saying that the club know that fans will attend no matter the price. Personally I think at £50 a ticket its asking a bit to much, if a family of 4 wanted to attend then its £200 gone before the season has already stared. We would love to go this pre-season dinner, yes some fans may be able to afford it, but there comes a time when you have to say no.
Much as we'd love it to be, not everything in life is free.

On the face of it, £50 for a night out might be slightly steep, but some King Streeters I know would surely disagree given the ridiculous amount they spend on booze, taxis, kebabs, etc. I suspect that for many it'll actually be about readdressing priorities for this one week rather than being forced out by the club they adore.

Okay, some won't be able to afford it. But there are plenty who can't afford season tickets, or even afford to go to one or two matches.

This is a special even occasion, a once-a-year event. Some might even deem it a worthwhile fund-raiser for the club. To suggest that it's 'yet more exploitation of very loyal fans' - which is the impression I get from the original post, is a very skewed way to protray it and illustrative of the sort of hostility to Wigan RL that appears to be becoming endemic among certain 'loyal fans' on these message boards.

I know it's the close season, but some Wiganers could do worse than find another way to spend the long, chilly nights rather than simply moaning.
I actually take offence to be labelled as 'certain loyal fan', a lot of people, myself included are being hit by the enconimc climate at the present time and I think that

a) season ticket = £180 approx

b) a charity shirt = £40

c) home & away strip = £80

Thats £300 before the season starts. I go to all away games, as well as attending academy games so to say I am a 'certain loyal supporter' is a touch wide of the mark
:angry: :angry:
the look on sean longs face at old trafford priceless :lol: