The Worst Mistake Wigan RLFC Ever Made? (Players)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
slimshady

Re: The Worst Mistake Wigan RLFC Ever Made? (Players)

Post by slimshady »

Its not players, the board for getting us in the situation where we had to sell Central Park!!!!!!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cpwigan wrote:Not re-signing Michael Dobson

:eusa2:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:

:eusa1: :eusa17: :eusa17:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

not replacing Bryan Fletcher
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

mike binder wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:

:eusa1: :eusa17: :eusa17:

why?
its my opinion that not re-signing Dobby was a mistake? why does everyone on here feel it necessary to mock in that fashion without reason in words?
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think the major problem is we just seem to make poor descions all the time and what might not be a mistake in the first sense is made into one by us.

For example signing mathers wasn't a bad option he was good enough to go to oz and it was a 50/50 gamble. The mistake was made when he was given an extention when we had an outclause to get rid of him he showed no form whatsoever to earn his extention.

In the same manner, signing feilden wasn't a bad thing he came with a big rep the mistake was to let him come on a long massive contract which has tied us up. I cant see anybody in the top 8 wanting him now he's lost all go forward.

Our other mistake is for some reason people at wigan seem to be blind to a large degree. Amos, Ainscough and Richards while not being the best back line in the world can do a job to a good standard. so why on earth are we looking to pay good money for a fullback thats not needed when we have possibly in feilden and coley the worst set of starting forwards in the league!. We have lacked an out and out muscle forward for ages now, a craig smith or terry o'connor style. We aren't seeing the best of feka as he has to pick up the slack off Stuart "im on my knees before the line" feilden and andy "crabman" coley
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

There's not much I'd disagree with there, but in the cause of fairness Mathers is injured and curretnly awaiting an operation. Will it make any difference to him?? I don't know.

Crabman Coley. I would disagree with you there. He does run sideways but I'm fairly sure that he's be told to target the opposition number 7, and to that end he'll run anywhere to find them. Is it slaveish adherence to the game plan? I'm not the coach.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

letting Sean Long go

:) seriously.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
bikerharry

Post by bikerharry »

Doc Murray?
bertina

Post by bertina »

Signings:
John Dorahy (coach)
Ian Millward (coach)
Doc Murray, Kerry Hemsley, luke davico,David Vaeliki, Shane Millard,Julian O'Neil, Tim Smith, extending Mather's contract.

Losing Shaun Edwards and Adriam Lam from the club.