Karl Price

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Karl Price

Post by cumbria_warrior »

How much does the sponsorship cost? And what players dont have any?
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Pryce cost members of this forum £499
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think we paid VAT on top of that A/L.

CW, Liam Farrell and a couple of others.

At the time Pryce was cheap (relatively) and we assumed would play regularly and score regularly. Seemed a good pick at the time. Hindsight lol.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Ask for a refund as we sponsored a player and after tonight seems a bit of a joke.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Don`t blame Pryce as we`ve we`ve seen all season he`s a joke.
Why did Noble pick him before Phelps and Goulding or Bailey.

MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Don't know why but Pryce plays like he weighs 77kg rather than the 118kg he weighs.

Some one the size of Karl Pryce could trouble defenders just by running at them but he doesn't even do that. He could also put some huge hits in when defending but instead thinks he's playing tick-and-pass.

Karl Pryce has a lot of potential if only he applied himself. If he played with the enthusiasm of someone like Shaun Ainscough then Karl would be a handful for any team.
bertina

Post by bertina »

cpwigan wrote: The conditioning of players throughout the club is woeful. I have seen St George under Wayne Bennett transform playersphysically in weeks. Ours look like they do no conditioning whatsoever.

Pryce? Anybody think he should have got the call before Goulding? I would have played Ian Thornley before him too.
Dead right CP. If there was a prize for the fattest team we would definitely be in the hunt. Riddel looked like his shirt was painted on.
Karl Price not worth a light. Only Noble knows why on earth he didn't sub him.
Roberts -- terrible.
Riddell--- terrible.
Great signings or what!!
Without Hock we don't look a threat at all in the forwards.
(excluding Fekas 5 minutes in each half)
My conclusions.
Sack the coach. --- We are worse now than when he arrived.
Sack the conditioner. --- Half the players don't look like they have ever trained in their lives.
Too much deadwood, Price, Phelps, Smith,Riddel, Fielden, the list goes on.
I try to see positives wherever possible, but I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that the personnel we have, both on and off the field are simply not good enough.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Karl Pryce was disapponting against les cats - but let's be honest; he's not alone.

No one was error free on Monday; just about everyone was below their usual (admittedly not that great) standards.

That said; for a bloke as big as Pyrce, he is a huge disappointment. He neither breaks tackles - or puts in big hits; something that you would expect a player of his side to do. His tackling is gentle to say the least and his speed off the mark is that of a bus from the 70's. He looks more like an old prop than a centre.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

What disapoints me is that he doesnt seem to want the ball,he never came looking for the ball once.When the ball came to him he looked scared.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

he hardly touched the ball first half ,i thought he had been subbed at one stage.