simple solution to solve the current problems

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: simple solution to solve the current problems

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:I guess nobody could have envisaged how frustrating the last two seasons were. On paper Noble has the credentials. Whatever the reasons beyond the Great Escape it has not happened.
Could it be that with the exception of Fielden and Dobson that "Great Escape" team wasn't actually Nobles team and the current team is (his team)?

In 2006 he inherited all of the players bar those two and ever since 2006 it has become more and more Nobles team and we have got further and further away from the consistency and good RL played in the latter half of 2006!

Dave

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

FROM A TO B wrote:
cpwigan wrote:What would you suggest Guy?
To be honest, I don't have a clue?
Majority of fans thought that Nobby was going to be the messiah (note majority not all), but then again anything was better after agent Millward.
Is the answer to get rid of nobby now? I don't think this will acheive anything and even if we get to Wembeley (and survive against Stains), I don't think this will be enough to warrant an extension of contract. The frustration is thaton paper we have a bloody good squad. Is it that they won't play for the coach?
so anyway, shooting Noble will acheive nothing, I just hope that whilst IL was in australia, that he was not just looking at players.

I guess by the tone of some of the posts, not everyone gets sarcasm :wink:
We do have a good squad, who, as we understand, wont play for Noble.
Better to find a coach who the players respect and would play for. A coach who knows the set up & players within Wigan RLFC.
Why not appoint Shaun Wayne as a caretaker for starters. I am sure he has the full respect of the Wigan squad, both senior & youth included.
No point in trudging on with a coach who cannot motivate the team.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I like many people don't like noble but it might be better to let his contract run to the end of the season because if IL did sack him and appoint shaun wane care tacker coach till the end of the season and we then win the challenge cup and go on a good run in the play offs there would be enormous preasure to leave shaun wane as coach this may cock up IL because he may (I hope) have allready signed up a new coach also if then shaun wane gets dropped back to the reserves and the new coach strugles in the first couple of months everyone would be calling for his head and for shaun wane to be put back in charge
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Panchitta Marra wrote: We do have a good squad, who, as we understand, wont play for Noble.
Better to find a coach who the players respect and would play for. A coach who knows the set up & players within Wigan RLFC.
Why not appoint Shaun Wayne as a caretaker for starters. I am sure he has the full respect of the Wigan squad, both senior & youth included.
No point in trudging on with a coach who cannot motivate the team.
Or David Lyon as caretaker who was head coach for the best performance i have seen by an English team in my lifetime - England Academy in 2004.
At least until Steve Kearney ? comes on board.
Panchitta Marra

fitzy wrote:I like many people don't like noble but it might be better to let his contract run to the end of the season because if IL did sack him and appoint shaun wane care tacker coach till the end of the season and we then win the challenge cup and go on a good run in the play offs there would be enormous preasure to leave shaun wane as coach this may cock up IL because he may (I hope) have allready signed up a new coach also if then shaun wane gets dropped back to the reserves and the new coach strugles in the first couple of months everyone would be calling for his head and for shaun wane to be put back in charge
I dont think Noble is capable of winning the Challenge Cup for us wheras IMO, Shaun Wane is.
Noble seems incapable of providing good motivation, or the players refuse to accept it.
The players are well capable of winning the CC, it needs the right motivation on both semi final & final days.
Better to be going into August's games with the right person and facing a coach selection nightmare at the end of the season, than having one coach not capable of giving our club its best chance of winning at Wembley for some time now.
If Lenehan has, or is recruiting an overseas coach, then Shaun Wane could possibly become his assistant.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I don't think noble is capable of winning the confrence league eithier parra I just thought that if we won the challenge cup with shaun wane (God i wish please :eusa10:)then there would be a huge amount of preasure on the new coach, though I think they should be able to cope with that. I don't think Shaun wane wants to become an assisant though because he's only part time (I think) but I think for him to become a top coach he's going to have to go full time at the club
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

My fear is that with IL saying "nobles contract will be renewed based on results" if there is unrest amongst the team and a lot want him out, well lets just say you dont need to be a genius to figure out where im going with this
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I guess nobody could have envisaged how frustrating the last two seasons were. On paper Noble has the credentials. Whatever the reasons beyond the Great Escape it has not happened.
Could it be that with the exception of Fielden and Dobson that "Great Escape" team wasn't actually Nobles team and the current team is (his team)?

In 2006 he inherited all of the players bar those two and ever since 2006 it has become more and more Nobles team and we have got further and further away from the consistency and good RL played in the latter half of 2006!

Dave
You may well be right Dave. I think the confidence at the players was at such a low ebb under Millward that somebody coming in and being positive was certain to improve playing affairs. Whatever the reason it did offer the coach some great momentum that was then never grasped. Who is to blame but surely the decision not to retain / sign again Dobson was a major mistake.

Sorry to say but I do not believe Wigan RLFC will sack Noble. He will complete this season at the very least IMO.
Panchitta Marra

fitzy wrote:I don't think noble is capable of winning the confrence league eithier parra I just thought that if we won the challenge cup with shaun wane (God i wish please :eusa10:)then there would be a huge amount of preasure on the new coach, though I think they should be able to cope with that. I don't think Shaun wane wants to become an assisant though because he's only part time (I think) but I think for him to become a top coach he's going to have to go full time at the club
My thoughts same as yours Fitzy.
If Shaun was to win us the Challenge Cup then the coaches selection is made as far as I am concerned.
I would rather see Shaun Wane at Wigan giving it his all, than chance losing him to be successful elsewhere.
As you say, to do this he would have to become full time.
From the threads on here, he seems to have big respect from the squad of players from the academy through to the first team.
For me its a no brainer to give him a chance, especially in the current climate, if he wants to take it.
In most instances, a fresh mind takes the team on to do better things initially.
Apart from Millward, that is.