tonights performance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Re: tonights performance

Post by gpartin »

Great game great effort. Amos was the difference between teams, i really think that ade gardner and eastmond and even meli are fighting it out to be the most overrated players ever. Thought we were a bit unlucky tonight to be perfectly fair.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Cameron Phelps dropped one ball, he has been outstanding for us at fullback, but yet again people on this site only look to criticise, the same with Tommy L, things didn't go his way tonight and he had a bad day at the office, as a player I know what this feels like, just a shame a few others don't see this.
Up The Mont!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

God wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:
God wrote:Gutted really gutted about tonight, we simply didnt deserve to loose and thats a fact. You never go high on Eastmond and school boy errors cost us.

Eastmond is not that good, Saints hide him very well in the defensive line and we didnt exploit it.

Sam Tomkins, Riddell,Coley and Pat were very good for us Phelps,Tommy and Roberts were the worst players on the pitch.

Fantastic effort but no matter how you look at it, or how you rub it up, it is yet another loss at that horrible ground thats falling to bits against Saints who were there for the taking.

Gutted :( :(
Sorry God you watched a different game to me.Sam T and Coley yes, but Riddell sorry im at a lose as to why you think he was one of our best players.Also i agree with you about Roberts being one of our worst players but were you get Tommy & Phelps from is beyond me.
Phelps couldent catch, Tommy couldent kick or tackle and Roberts was simply awful.

Special mention to Meli who was awful and Eastmond who isnt as good as people make him out to be, Cpwigan can back me up with that.

Riddell was robust in defense maked Graham out of the contest and added a good kicking game to relieve pressure, and made more penetrating runs than Feka. He had a good game for us.[/quote]

Riddell made 2 or 3 runs from acting A/B that was it,and they were nowt special.His defence was nothing special he did his job that was it.Meli i agree with you on that one.

Tommy put in some big hits tonight & im not that big a fan of him as a 7.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

This is a forum, different people have different opinions and a right to express them. I thought tommy and phelps were alright to be honest in weather like that and that level of intensity. It has to be said even colbons positional play was better than amos'.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:o Oh bloody hell I am going to get lynched here. I actually rate Eastmond very highly. I think both Eastmond and Sam T are better than Myler. At 16 Wigan wanted Eastmond. They only signed Sam because Eastmond chose Saints. Now Sam today if a far better player than he was at 16. He grew rapidly post 16 and it made a great difference. I think Eastmond is a great player with the question mark being can his shoulders last out.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

See, we do disagree sometimes :-) like i said before the game sts are excellent at making up for people's faults. Too many times this season we haven't been.

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

God wrote:Graham did nothing and at nearly every tackle Riddell was the one tackling when he was on the pitch, it takes alot to keep Graham quiet and Riddell did a job on him. The kicks that went dead were a great tactic because Saints were forced to try and run through us. His distrubution was also quick and accurate with a few dummy half bursts, what more do people want from him?? he had a good game.

I like Phelps alot i think hes a cracking player but tonight he was poor. Roberts needs a large stint in the reserves because he is seriously poo.

Tommy had a poor game also, certainly not a scrum half because his passing is very poor. Him and Phelps going high on Eastmond was a cardinal sin and a schoolboy error against small players.[/quote
cpwigan wrote: :o Oh bloody hell I am going to get lynched here. I actually rate Eastmond very highly. I think both Eastmond and Sam T are better than Myler. At 16 Wigan wanted Eastmond. They only signed Sam because Eastmond chose Saints. Now Sam today if a far better player than he was at 16. He grew rapidly post 16 and it made a great difference. I think Eastmond is a great player with the question mark being can his shoulders last out.
Prob by God who changes like the wind with who he is supporting & who he is slating
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

God wrote:I slate and support depending on peformance. Theres no blinkered opinion on players or chopping my nose off to spite my face because i have said this or that about a player and want to save face inspite of the Contrary.

You have a good game you get praised you have a cack game you get slated its that simple.
What about the coach ?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

God wrote:Already said im giving him benefit of the dubt and a years deal or 2 sould be offered unless a coach who has won something be made available. Not interested in any NRL assistant managers. If Bellamy or Edwards et all become available then yes change the coach but untill that happens stick with Noble.
sorry but noble has to go.

mickh

Post by mickh »

What a good team effort! Hopefully I'll get my appetite back to watch good rugby again, backing up, endeavour, aiming to please, etc. Very good performance from Sam Tomkins. Plus the ball was slung about, good.

Downside: Too much dropped ball from a variety of players.

Now I watched the first half in the pub, and was well chuffed when we went in, in front, considering all the mistakes, those were forgotten!

The second half I listened on "5 Live" on the radio, now it wasn't quite the same, but late on the commentator mentioned that Cameron Phelps had dropped his first ball, which I agreed with, (he had a good game), a minute later Amos Roberts knocked on, commentator said "In the space of a minute, Phelps and Roberts have produced their first mistakes"
I will not believe a thing they say on "5 Live" again Roberts was dire! I don't think he caught one all the match, He didn't look interested, you can look super cool when you do the business as in Brett Kenny, but when you disadvantage your team mates by taking up a playing position and don't turn up at the races it's near enough mutiny! I see another Vialiki in the making.