Who's fault was Saturday?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
weststand-rich

Re: Who's fault was Saturday?

Post by weststand-rich »

NW, I must be a maschochist, but watched the SKY + again on Saturday when I got home and agree with you mostly. Central section vulnerability gave Wire easy yards for a 15 minute period of the match and that's essentially what tipped it over in their favour.

BTW Briers is not nearly 90. He's only 80 but he's had a hard life, so don't exaggerate :D
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

nellywelly wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
nellywelly wrote: I am sure Monahan couldnt believe his luck when Feka came on his plan to slip past the FATMAN was the game plan,he ran rings round him all the time he was on which thank the lord wasnt long and thus had control of the match. I blame Noble for playing the same game plan and not at least try something different,his interchanges are so predictable, why didnt he keep Mossop in the mix his deffence against Saints was very good and he didnt deserve to be dropped
As I understand, the Wire front row (Morley & Carvell) played well, however, so did Coley & Prescott.
As soon as the threats from the Wire Halves started, (Feka)instruction should have come from Noble to smother & get up on Monahan & Briers.
Briers is nearly ninety years old, for goodness sake.
Once their progress is stalled and we have possession, its time to let Sam Tomkins play the game he knows best. (more unusual plays) like Chip over the top and collect, this makes a team sit back and be unsure of what is going on.
Noble never lets the team do things out of the ordinary, that is why we are so predictable, and always for the taking.
Watch the match on BBC iplayer if you can it is very obvious who was at fault Feka just stood still or moved like in slow motion he was left chasing shadows and getting the way of our own players it is painfull to watch but watch it you must
I am totally gutted NellyWelly, mainly at the result, as I know with a decent game plan, we could and should have won this match.
Sadly, being based in Israel, it wont allow me to watch BBC iplayer, it tells me that I am not in a valid zone to receive it.
If I could, I would watch the game, and the likes of The Superleague show.
I am not set up well for it, as my computer is basically just for work related aspects.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have just been contacted by IL. He has all your names and addresses and your season tickets have been cancelled. He says no wembley tickets for you if / when we get to Wembley. I think he then went to the toilet to debate with himself as to whether if or when is the correct term. I hung up at that point.
pedro

Post by pedro »

tell him there is no need to. If he gives Noble another contracte he can save himself postage asking me to renew.
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

The answer is quite simple and I don't know why you haven't thought of it.

It was Warrington's fault end of :)
Brian's Girl

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Amos Roberts, pretty much lost us the Saints game and then lost us the cup game in my opinion. Cant believe we hav this joker for another three years. Saw it coming a mile off. I hope and pray that this defeat is the final nail in Nobby's coffin. Incidentally the RFL must be gutted Huddersfield have got to Wembley I expect to see lots of empty seats.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

dave t wrote:Ive just been reading several topics on the game with Warrington, it seems everyone is blaming some of the players ? why hasn't anyone mentioned Brian Noble's part in the game?
Firstly he made the decision to take a penalty when we were 6-0 up instead of going for the try, how stupid was that? he handed the initiative straight back to them and lifted their confidance sky high.
Secondly, why did he not see the threat before the game from Micheal Monaghan? and sort it?
for me there is only one person to blame Brian Noble!!!
We were completely outcoached by a far better coach.
As were Saints yesterday.
If you look through the "match reaction" thread, plenty people, me included, said exactly that.

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

cpwigan wrote:I have just been contacted by IL. He has all your names and addresses and your season tickets have been cancelled. He says no wembley tickets for you if / when we get to Wembley. I think he then went to the toilet to debate with himself as to whether if or when is the correct term. I hung up at that point.
:lol:

This isn't IL at the fan forum crushing dissent from an errant fan is it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM&hl=un
Susi

Post by Susi »

I think it was very rude of Tony Smith to let his team turn up complete with a game plan,when it was clear mr noble and our lot were lacking one.
The sheer cheek of some teamS EH?? :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

weststand-rich wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I have just been contacted by IL. He has all your names and addresses and your season tickets have been cancelled. He says no wembley tickets for you if / when we get to Wembley. I think he then went to the toilet to debate with himself as to whether if or when is the correct term. I hung up at that point.

This isn't IL at the fan forum crushing dissent from an errant fan is it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4T7_XI7WM&hl=un
:lol: