Please Sky, put us out of our misery

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: Please Sky, put us out of our misery

Post by OJ »

Sutty wrote:Nobby couldn't hide his happiness.
He was laughing because someone had just given him a mirror and he couldn't believe he had had his hair cut like that!
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

So lets get this right the Bulls had three extra players for the second half did they?Our team lost this match not the commentators the second half display just was not good enough as MM said the game lasts 80mins not 40mins .We have to put this right not blame every one else Bradford came out all guns blazing and we should have weathered the storm and kept our cool but we didn"t .So blaming sky is pathetic please remember bbc does not want to broadcast us at all this year so count your blessings for three matches a week which some of us rugby league fans enjoy .Remember our song (always look on the bright side of life.)
OJ

Post by OJ »

mave the rave wrote:So lets get this right the Bulls had three extra players for the second half did they?Our team lost this match not the commentators the second half display just was not good enough as MM said the game lasts 80mins not 40mins .We have to put this right not blame every one else Bradford came out all guns blazing and we should have weathered the storm and kept our cool but we didn"t .So blaming sky is pathetic please remember bbc does not want to broadcast us at all this year so count your blessings for three matches a week which some of us rugby league fans enjoy .Remember our song (always look on the bright side of life.)
We have been discussing the commentators on this thread not the match result. They are biased beyond belief and it would just be such a refreshing change to have commentators who really were neutral and un-biased.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

BriH

Post by BriH »

Mave the Rave: let's get one thing straight right now.
We, the idiots who pay our hard earned money to watch Sky, have an absolute right to criticise the product we pay for. Right?
Read the banner headline: the criticism was, and is, aimed at the presentation.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I know some people migh not think so but Phil Clark does stick up for Wigan.He does try to be neutral but he does defend us when he has to against the other to muppets.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I agree to a point, but it seems to me that most fans think Eddie & Stevo are biased against the team they support. Perhaps it's a question of perception?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Course it is about perception, watched the game again after reading the comments on RLFans about the bias on Sky. Bradford came back from 20 points behind and won the game due mainly to Orford being fantastic. It was a great achievement by them and by him and we were poor and allowed them to do it. The commentators said as much and they sound excited when a team completes a comeback and wins the game with hardly any time left on the clock thats what they are paid to do! Maybe some people don't like to hear others applauding when we've just lost a game but its hard luck. Listen to the commentators after the playoff comeback at Odsal and I'm sure certain Bulls fans would have felt the same about that they all sounded completely overwhelmed. There's far too much whinging about refs and commentators for my liking, if we do have a reputation thats probab;y why.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

C&WTID

Post by C&WTID »

Would love to see Brian Carney and Barrie Mac as regulars. They do know their rugby and are not biased. Terry- I love you but you are not a commentator! :blush:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Weird Mave. I think everybody bat you has been talking about the commentators.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Rubbish If you're a Leeds fan for example you hate Bradford, Castleford, Hull and if you're a Saints fan you hate Wigan, Widnes and Warrington. If any Yorkshire/Lancashire bias exists its in reverse eg a Wigan fan would want Warrington or Saints to get beaten against a team from yorkshire every time its totally obvious.

Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."