Well what happened there? Bradford 22 Wigan 20

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Well what happened there? Bradford 22 Wigan 20

Post by cpwigan »

He has had a knock OJ requiring injections so I think they decided to rest him. Had Carmont not been injured we may have got away with it. Unfortunately I think it cost us tonight. Deacon, Feka and Bailey (not 100% fit) is not a great bench. A young, energetic Liam Farrell might have been a good call tonight. Hopefully Mickey Mac will be fit soon too.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I'm just fuming about this. However we wrap this up we really had that game won. Bradford ran at an uninterested team second half. What I'm very confident about is that we will be phenomenal next week ..........................................I hope!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Next week will be Hull FC at home... they seem to be on fire... hopefully a tough close game with a Wigan win.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Even with the nice lead that we had at half time we still dropped too much ball at vital times in the 1st half, a bit more care and we could have been out of sight.

2nd half was very disappointing considering the great strides we've been making so far, hope Madge can get Amos to stop waving the ball about in one hand within his own 20 metre area.

But it's done now, learn from the errors and move forward again. Roll on Hull next week!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Just got back to my dads from the game. Was really disappointing how much we seemed to be trying to force the pass when there was nothing on. Amos was poor for me with some daft passing and errors but really need to see it on the tele before passing judgment. The atmosphere was dire particularly in the first half but the bulls fans found their voices with about 20 mins left. Good turn out from Wigan fans though well done. Orford is a genius.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The problem is Amos was fantastic at time. That run in the first half was amazing whilst the back of the hand ball to Lockers for the Hansen try marvellous. I think he made two mistakes. The first I am not convinced was legal. He was up in the air and I am not sure the Bulls player was competing for the ball. The lost ball hurt. I liked his tackle on Langley.

We just never played in the second half. Orford was nowhere in the first 40 but if you let him have lots of ball in your 20 he will hurt you, as any decent player will.

Crazy night really
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

cpwigan wrote:The problem is Amos was fantastic at time. That run in the first half was amazing whilst the back of the hand ball to Lockers for the Hansen try marvellous. I think he made two mistakes. The first I am not convinced was legal. He was up in the air and I am not sure the Bulls player was competing for the ball. The lost ball hurt. I liked his tackle on Langley.

We just never played in the second half. Orford was nowhere in the first 40 but if you let him have lots of ball in your 20 he will hurt you, as any decent player will.

Crazy night really
totaly agree cp, i was waiting for the knifes to be out for amos and i think he wa hard done by tonight as was the team in general, but you can sit back on a 20point lead and expect to just win a game

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I was gutted that run by Amos did not become a try Trotski. It would have been one of the all time great tries. As the weather improves and the grounds harden he will get even better.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

defenatly cp i can see amos and pat doing well, top try scores and top points scores for amos and pat would be great, i dont realy bet but i do fancy pat for top points scorer and even top try scorer and if not then at least amos for top try scorer

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
cpwigan wrote:The problem is Amos was fantastic at time. That run in the first half was amazing whilst the back of the hand ball to Lockers for the Hansen try marvellous. I think he made two mistakes. The first I am not convinced was legal. He was up in the air and I am not sure the Bulls player was competing for the ball. The lost ball hurt. I liked his tackle on Langley.

Crazy night really
totaly agree cp, i was waiting for the knifes to be out for amos and i think he wa hard done by tonight as was the team in general, but you can sit back on a 20point lead and expect to just win a game
Cut the cake any way you want but his error ultimately cost us the match and had it been Ainscough CPW would have been all over the mistake.

Wouldn't you CPW? :wink:

Dave