countdown clock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: countdown clock

Post by No straw damn us »

The clock is not for the supporters.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Should use lasers to project the time onto the pitch, with mirrors to reverse the view for supporters sitting in the stand where the lasers are held.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There was no clock showing on the scoreboard in the second half on Friday and from parts of the South you cannot see this clock in the West stand. Why not put it central so people can see it.
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

Our children can see it from the South, but it's now a standing joke how ridiculously tiny it is. Makes me realise how bad my eyes are!
Needs to be dead centre West stand to mirror the scoreboard, otherwise pointless IMO
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

CP the little orange dot in the west stand which looks like a old advertisment ripped is what it is. i know its not really for the fans but if its there and can be put in a posistion where most if not all fans can see it (underneath the commentators box) then why not? come on IL you and the rest of the club has done brill in the off season, surley you can move the clock for us
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cheers 18th I will look out for it. I sit low down in the South West corner of the South Stand should I still be able to see it?

Like most people I thought it was going to be a prominent high visual digital timer that was obvious to everybody bar the West Stand unless they turned around.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

well i sit in the middle of the stand just to the right of the post and can see the clock but cant make how longs left. so you may be able to see it but i doubt it would be useful to you
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cheers. How odd that they did not make it bigger and better
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

No straw damn us wrote:The clock is not for the supporters.
Dont think anyone is reading our posts! The clock is there for the players to see, all grounds are having one of those clocks for the players to see how long is left, its operated by an independent from the RFL who is in contact with the ref. as long as the players see it it dont matter where it is. Saying that i sit right across from it in the east stand :D :D
WIGAN TILL I DIE

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Cheers. How odd that they did not make it bigger and better
I think the clocks were supplied by the RFL to all teams, not 100% sure and I'll try to find out.