Gareth Thomas Video - Laugh? I nearly p***ed meself

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Gareth Thomas Video - Laugh? I nearly p***ed meself

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Anyone taking bets on how many first team games Gareth Thomas playes for Crusaders in the next 18 months.
Being 35 and with Noble in charge all of 'em if not injured is my guess.

Dave
OK as a media ploy, maybe, however, I think Thomas will be a total embarassment to the Crusaders.

I remember an All Blacks Full back, "the real deal" signing for Leeds in the late 1980's, John Gallagher was his name if my memory serves me right.
He was reputed to be one of the fastest All Black Full Backs, very rugged and determined.
He took a rough tackle and totally imploded.

I cant see enough of a transition period to League for Thomas, based on his age and current ability.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Anyone taking bets on how many first team games Gareth Thomas playes for Crusaders in the next 18 months.
Being 35 and with Noble in charge all of 'em if not injured is my guess.

Dave
OK as a media ploy, maybe, however, I think Thomas will be a total embarassment to the Crusaders.

I remember an All Blacks Full back, "the real deal" signing for Leeds in the late 1980's, John Gallagher was his name if my memory serves me right.
He was reputed to be one of the fastest All Black Full Backs, very rugged and determined.

I cant see enough of a transition period to League for Thomas, based on his age and current ability.
Your right on the name. He was a ginger as well if my memory serves right. He went somewere else after leeds and had a better spell i think
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fujiman wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote: Being 35 and with Noble in charge all of 'em if not injured is my guess.

Dave

Your right on the name. He was a ginger as well if my memory serves right. He went somewere else after leeds and had a better spell i think
Think it was London Crusaders.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Welcome to rugby league. Smack. Looks like duty of care went out the window. He's not used to driving the ball in in union and by the looks of things its going to take him a while. He's lucky he's not broken his neck.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Worst debut since Terry Holmes. On a serious note Thomas is in grave danger of suffering a serious injury. His head position is all wrong when running with the ball. Where is Mr Duty Of Care Noble?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Worst debut since Terry Holmes. On a serious note Thomas is in grave danger of suffering a serious injury. His head position is all wrong when running with the ball. Where is Mr Duty Of Care Noble?
Lol was editing my post as you wrote yours lol
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GP, I had exactly the same thought, broken neck, spine injury, wheelchair bound. It is not even funny. Noble is an absolute disgrace and I mean that sincerely. There is no way Thomas should have been put in the game. He is not ready and it could have ended in tragic circumstances.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I agree was just talking to someone about it on facebook i actually feel quite sorry for him. Nobby should be ashamed and he he brings him back on in the second half to please the fans nobby wants banning from coaching.

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I've just had a pound on him for Man Of Steel.
If it comes in I'll pay for Greg Inglis on a 10 year contract.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

:D

welcome to League.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame