bentham is a disgace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Alex the Warrior

Re: bentham is a disgace

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Wholly unacceptable and anyone who knows what sort of characters Peacock and Senior are would've known that Peacock's actions were deliberate and Senior's kick out was that of a snidey thug. To decide that both warranted nothing more than a penalty was a gross neglect of his duties.

He also showed extreme naivety when failing to realuse that O'Laughlin's arm was trapped when conceding that late penalty.

This standard of refereeing, which I consider deliberate in many cases, made me question whether I could be bothered attending matches any more at times in recent seasons. I consider some of our matches in recent years to be nothing less than bent.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
4bobs

Post by 4bobs »

Pardon me for being thick, but even the BBC commentator said that Sam's up-and-under in 2nd half was knocked forward by Lee Smith under pressure from Pat.

We got ball back and Sam went over only to be held up. You could clearly hear Bentham ask for Video ref to check if ball grounded but ALSO if it had been a Leeds knock-on.

If a knock-on, then we were back to 6. With Sam being held up it would be 2nd tackle to us on Leeds 10m line!

If not a knock-on (and god knows how it wasn't!) then was still our 6th tackle. Hence handover. However, from each of 3 different camera angles you could see that it was clearly Smith's hand and shoulder that the ball ricocheted from!

How do the RL justify these Ref's???
stegy

Post by stegy »

I have said this before and will say it again this clown even states vwhat he is in the first four letters of his name BENTham. They said on the TV Senior could not see Tompkins and it was an accident, but if you watch it over you can see senior looking and then aim the kick no doubt he could see.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bentham is a first grade C..T

When a team loses 3 games with one official; in charge then ALARM BELLS should be ringing at Red Hall

The Farrell / Senior SIN BIN farces aside, his action from the 70 minute onward were tantamount to cheating. Every time we had Leeds in a bad field position he awarded questionable penalties that took ZERO account of the conditions, the efforts of the players, time within the match.

I herar fans say what can we do. WE NEED TO MAKE ANY VISIT TO WIGAN BY BENTHAM A HELLISH EXPERIENCE. Your not fit to referee, the referee is a .anker, cheat, boo shoul;d greet any whistle blown against Wigan.

The club need to stand up and be counted either privately or publically and demand 1) No more Bentham or 2) An investigation into his bias / cheating. Our captain, trainers need to apply maximum pressure on this c..t.
grahamwarrior

Post by grahamwarrior »

bentham has always been the same a cheat ,but i dont blame him i blame mr cummins nobody was a bigger cheat than him when refing wigan now he his passing his ways onto all the others, who ever refed wigan today was not going to let wigan win the glory days are coming back and these men are trying their best to stop it , come on r f l do something about it GET RID OF CUMMINS. :exc: :exc: :exc:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Bentham did NOT kick the ball away in petulance (Coley), Bentham did NOT give a stupid penalty away in the last seven minutes (Prescott, Bentham did not put a diabolical kick in with two minutes left (Sam Tomkins). I think Farrells sin binning was harsh, but under the current rules understandable.
His biggest mistake (probably Gansons) was missing Smiths knock in the Sam no try. Blaming the referee is a weak excuse for us not closing the game out.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:Bentham did NOT kick the ball away in petulance (Coley), Bentham did NOT give a stupid penalty away in the last seven minutes (Prescott, Bentham did not put a diabolical kick in with two minutes left (Sam Tomkins). I think Farrells sin binning was harsh, but under the current rules understandable.
His biggest mistake (probably Gansons) was missing Smiths knock in the Sam no try. Blaming the referee is a weak excuse for us not closing the game out.
Straw, referees since time began have cheated teams. The 62 GB team was cheated by an Aussie, St George won 11 GFs due to a cheating referee on 2 occasions, Holywood Hartley famously cheated Paramatta out of games. It happens.

Sure players make mistakes but had he not awarded 2 penalties when Wigan had Leeds on their own line with 10 minutes to go then Sam's non kick would not have been an issue. What if's / but's. The reality is Wigan have lost 3 games under 1 referee and none under any other. A tad odd?

Sam's biggest mistake was not kicking when he tried to pass and Hall interecepted. Still would not swap him though.

Wigan got shafted by Bentham and we need to start cranking up the pressure on officials and stop accepting the one sided media campaign against us.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

cpwigan wrote:Sam's biggest mistake was not kicking when he tried to pass and Hall interecepted. Still would not swap him though.
Personally I thought Sam's biggest mistakes was not milking the penalties the same way the Leeds players did. Sam was taken out after a kick and hit in the head often enough but got on with the game rather than rolling around on the ground like the Leeds players.

Not that I condone it but unfortunately the game is turning into who can con the referee for 80 minutes.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Bentham did NOT kick the ball away in petulance (Coley), Bentham did NOT give a stupid penalty away in the last seven minutes (Prescott, Bentham did not put a diabolical kick in with two minutes left (Sam Tomkins). I think Farrells sin binning was harsh, but under the current rules understandable.
Straw, referees since time began have cheated teams. The 62 GB team was cheated by an Aussie, St George won 11 GFs due to a cheating referee on 2 occasions, Holywood Hartley famously cheated Paramatta out of games. It happens.

Sure players make mistakes but had he not awarded 2 penalties when Wigan had Leeds on their own line with 10 minutes to go then Sam's non kick would not have been an issue. What if's / but's. The reality is Wigan have lost 3 games under 1 referee and none under any other. A tad odd?

Sam's biggest mistake was not kicking when he tried to pass and Hall interecepted. Still would not swap him though.

Wigan got shafted by Bentham and we need to start cranking up the pressure on officials and stop accepting the one sided media campaign against us.
No we didn't. You sound a schoolteacher preaching to pupils.
We should have been strong enough to win that game. The referee was a minor irritation. Some poor decision making by Wigan player cost is the game, Coley, Sam and Prescott being the major. That's not to say they had poor games, because they didn't but they made big errors at crucial times.I agree a Sam kick to the corner would have been a better option, but if that ball goes to Roberts hand, we score and it's game set and match. That result had very little to do with the referee more to do with with our lack of composure and I'mm sure Maguire will be the the first to acknowledge it. Have you see his after match interview?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Straw by common agreement we dominated most of the second half. We even played 12 v 13 for part of the game. Time was running out so what happened beforehand is less important. Those penalties from 70 onwards statrted swininging the game to Leeds. You can do very little when the clock is running down and the referee is gifting one team field position and possession. No time to strike back.

Referees are there to be pressurised. They are human beings, you put them under pressure and you get the best deal you can from them. Wally Lewis is the best player I have seen at controlling a RL game but BY God he gave referees heaps.

The namby pamby let pretend referees have no impact / influence in this copuntry is totally wrong. Anything and everything in this country has to be bullies / coerced / fought for otherwise you never get an even break.