Hock approached by Canbera?????

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
kitt green warriors

Re: Hock approached by Canbera?????

Post by kitt green warriors »

just seen him in pem for the first time since his ban and to be honest he isnt as big as I was expecting from the way people have been talking, I was expecting a brick poo house and he isnt, to me he doesnt look much bigger than last time he played. Not that its a bad thing!. ps I havent gone today because I have to mind the kids.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I sat with him on the fishery for half an hour talking, and he said he is 17 stone, and that Madge has arranged for him to train and tackle the biggest guy he has ever seen from Huddersfield in prep for next the season. I also told this site he had signed a 5 year contract a year ago, when Gas told me himself and I was ridiculed, and Gas was told to keep quiet.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:Hock has had a 5 year deal from day 1 of his ban on the proviso he kept testing clean and showed he was taking steps to improve himself.
He will be teated by thr RFL/Sports doping authorities, if he tests positive, life ban as I understand it. Nothing to do with the club, those are international rules.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Hock has had a 5 year deal from day 1 of his ban on the proviso he kept testing clean and showed he was taking steps to improve himself.
He will be teated by thr RFL/Sports doping authorities, if he tests positive, life ban as I understand it. Nothing to do with the club, those are international rules.
On top of that he is being tested weekly by the club!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

ddtftf wrote:I sat with him on the fishery for half an hour talking, and he said he is 17 stone, and that Madge has arranged for him to train and tackle the biggest guy he has ever seen from Huddersfield in prep for next the season. I also told this site he had signed a 5 year contract a year ago, when Gas told me himself and I was ridiculed, and Gas was told to keep quiet.
you did say and although some disagreed (medlocke) some agreed with you in a logical way.

I am proud he is coming back, an amazing player.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Really looking forward to getting Gaz back with us I just fear that people will do everything they can to make things difficult for him. i really hope however that it won't be on this site.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

ddtftf wrote:I sat with him on the fishery for half an hour talking, and he said he is 17 stone, and that Madge has arranged for him to train and tackle the biggest guy he has ever seen from Huddersfield in prep for next the season. I also told this site he had signed a 5 year contract a year ago, when Gas told me himself and I was ridiculed, and Gas was told to keep quiet.
Crabtree? is that a "hidden rumour".
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

gpartin wrote:Really looking forward to getting Gaz back with us I just fear that people will do everything they can to make things difficult for him. i really hope however that it won't be on this site.
How can people on this site make things difficult for him? There must be less than 50 regular posters.

The people who will do that are those who go to games and mostly opposing fans who will give him a load of stick for what he did. He can hardly expect otherwise.

He will be under the microscope both for potential re-offending and actually how he plays. If he comes back on a five year deal whether people like it or not that will raise eyebrows and brings with it pressure to deliver. Not many players who have been squeaky clean get five year deals and if for any reason he doesn't justify it on the field it won't be long before the wisdom of that would be called into question. I'd rather he got a one year deal with options for future years as that takes the pressure off and shows he has not been rewarded for drug use.

The danger is he might try too hard. He has IMO been guilty of that in the past and whether he can develop into an intelligent RL player as opposed to a raw talent remains to be seen.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You could not be more wrong Dave. Rumours / inuendo spread far more rapuidly via the internet and similar media. So somebody could and has (it was deleted) posted a malicious post re Gareth Hock. Ask Steven Gerrard how absurd rumours that could not be true can cause distress (this week).

Nobody has ever been rewarded for testing positive for drugs. 2 years of his career lost and approx 1/4 million pounds is a big loss to any RL player. The contract refelects the age of the player and the demand for that player. It seems that umpteen RL clubs rate the player far higher than you (thankfully).

Hock is a world class attacking talent. One of a handful of British players that justify that tag.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:You could not be more wrong Dave. Rumours / inuendo spread far more rapuidly via the internet and similar media. So somebody could and has (it was deleted) posted a malicious post re Gareth Hock. Ask Steven Gerrard how absurd rumours that could not be true can cause distress (this week).

Nobody has ever been rewarded for testing positive for drugs. 2 years of his career lost and approx 1/4 million pounds is a big loss to any RL player. The contract refelects the age of the player and the demand for that player. It seems that umpteen RL clubs rate the player far higher than you (thankfully).

Hock is a world class attacking talent. One of a handful of British players that justify that tag.
:slee:

Hock is not and has never been world class, Hock is a liability, for every good game he had he would have 3 bad ones, if you class passing the ball to noboby on a regular basis as well as knock ons and penaltys as world class then your a bigger numpton than what i originaly thought you where, Hock before his ban would have struggled to get a game in the NRL due to his inconsistencies, then we have all these people who can't wait to get Hock back because he will be awesome :lol: , he's been out of the game 2 year, it wouldn't surprise me if it takes him 6 months to get back to match fitness and get the right mindset, i have a feeling that his inclusion in 2011 is going to be a disruptive force on the team, i don't want him back but it looks like he's coming anyway, as i have said before he should be loaned out for the remainder of next season so he can find his feet and make the mistakes at the expence of another club :exc: