CC final sold out.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
platt-warrior

Re: CC final sold out.

Post by platt-warrior »

I dont think you can do that GP.These tickets are reserved season tickets,usable for all events be it rugby/football/nrl games etc.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

If this is all correct then it strikes me that there is something inherently wrong whereby out of a capacity of 90,000, 18,000 seats in a NATIONAL Stadium should be able to be permanently commandeered by anyone, whoever they are.

I have a season ticket at the DW but it only entitles me to a seat during a home Super League match. It does not entitle me to turn up and watch a Latics game and if Pink Floyd were signed up for a gig at the DW, I would have to buy my ticket along with everyone else!

I would love to know who these 18,000 priveleged people are! :o :o
botica

Post by botica »

platt-warrior wrote:I dont think you can do that GP.These tickets are reserved season tickets,usable for all events be it rugby/football/nrl games etc.
That is true, when Wembley was re-opened they sold "season" tickets in pairs at a whopping 70K+ each. These are valid for 10yrs. The block where the tunnel is and the royal box is within the premier of the package called the Corinthian Club. There are also "lesser Packages" around the ground above the bottom tier. The big empty space you mentioned is because there is a massive Free bar with free dining. I had the privilege of using this facility on the 1st game back there. It was amazing!! The rules state however all persons must be in their seats for the national anthem or Abide with me in the case of the Challenge cup. After the half time you don't even have to come out!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Not so much privileged as rich. There are still some Club Wembley packages available, I believe, if you've got £7,000 spare.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

GeoffN wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Not so much privileged as rich..
And the difference would be ............? :o
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It should sell out every year.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

That is the only downfall of Wembley for rugby league usage... Club Wembley. I can understand the FA wanting to clear and pay off the debts owed to build the facility but at least there should be an alternate system whereby a Club Wembley member can login online and state whether they will attend or not... if not, a normal supporter can buy a ticket for his/her seat with the money going to the wembley holder or half/half...

Just a shame we will see empty seats at half way again.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I guess the amount of empty or occupied Club Wembley seats is an indicator of the health of the sport nationally.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

That is certainly the position which will be mooted by Gary Lineker and his ilk!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:That is certainly the position which will be mooted by Gary Lineker and his ilk!
It is so I hope a fair whack of the CW seat holders do attend.