The Family Game / RESPECT ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: The Family Game / RESPECT ?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I totally agree DaveO.

I said in another thread what beat us last time is we let leeds drag us down to their level. We must concentrate on our own game we are far to classy a side to get invovled in an arm wrestle we can play around them. Very few teams can cope with us in full flow and thats why a lot of them are chosing to use spoiling tactics etc.

In light of these comments though i would think long and very hard about putting Sam at full back. You leave him woefully exposed to an ablett repeat which i wouldn't put it past leeds to try and take him out the game.

Sam is a bit too brave for his own good sometimes and id like to see him play the match at 6 were he can for the main part keep out of trouble. I think Paddy with his size is a better option.

The team that leeds feild will not be as good as ours fact, Tompkins needs protecting. Also by the same breath Joel needs a harsh word, they know they can wind him up id even be tempted to bench him and play him as an impact player bailey and ablett will try and get to him.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
endoman

Post by endoman »

A lot of this comes from McClennan's attitude, his comments re Ablett challenge and the Maguire incident were controversial to say the least. No censure was taken,

Madge has come across as the consummate professional all year, no slagging off etc. Let's beat them fair and square on Saturday, can't wait.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I was astounded by the fact that Sinfield was 'screaming' at the Ref and he did nowt about it! Any Ref with a bit of back- bone would have sent him to the sin bin for verbal abuse.
I think the Leeds players and Coach should take a long hard look at themselves.
I hope Wigan hammer the b......s - legimately of course1
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I totally agree DaveO.

I said in another thread what beat us last time is we let leeds drag us down to their level. We must concentrate on our own game we are far to classy a side to get invovled in an arm wrestle we can play around them. Very few teams can cope with us in full flow and thats why a lot of them are chosing to use spoiling tactics etc.

In light of these comments though i would think long and very hard about putting Sam at full back. You leave him woefully exposed to an ablett repeat which i wouldn't put it past leeds to try and take him out the game.Sam is a bit too brave for his own good sometimes and id like to see him play the match at 6 were he can for the main part keep out of trouble. I think Paddy with his size is a better option.

The team that leeds feild will not be as good as ours fact, Tompkins needs protecting. Also by the same breath Joel needs a harsh word, they know they can wind him up id even be tempted to bench him and play him as an impact player bailey and ablett will try and get to him.
I was discussing this with a colleaue today, Sam will be targetted and the intention will be to do deliberate harm.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

"Their actions prevented Danny getting treatment for a while and, if we're talking about unsportsmanlike behaviour, that's probably the worst of any

so how exactly did tommy and piggy prevent Danny getting treatment. did they hold back the medics? Oh of course not, it's Leeds that hold people back!!!!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/Pe ... 6539544.jp

Less concerned re the players actions on the field but IMO I truly fear the emotions being stirred by so called professionals is going to result in crowd violence. I hope I am wrong but at grounds where supporters can mix freely, objects being thrown becomes words exchanged / punches thrown.
Jamie Peackock has gone way low in my expectations for his mere suggestion that McGuire grabbed George Carmont from behind as a result of his ligament injury.
This is another "below the belt" ploy by Leeds to try and disrupt their opposition.
This smells of Brian McLennan's twisted attitude through and through.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

If these comments are correctly quoted then it appears to smack of nothing more than a very poor attempt to disrupt the Wigan camp ahead of a vital match on Saturday.

I hope the RFL are paying attention to this and will be placing a ref who can confidently deal with any aggro which may arise during the game.

Wigan appear to be doing the correct thing by keeping their mouths shut on the matter and channeling their energy into being ready for the game at Headingley.

Just keep to the game plan, keep cool and ensure we make the scoreboard count on Saturday evening. Let's not throw this opportunity away by being indisciplined.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

100% Warrior wrote:If these comments are correctly quoted then it appears to smack of nothing more than a very poor attempt to disrupt the Wigan camp ahead of a vital match on Saturday.

I hope the RFL are paying attention to this and will be placing a ref who can confidently deal with any aggro which may arise during the game.

Wigan appear to be doing the correct thing by keeping their mouths shut on the matter and channeling their energy into being ready for the game at Headingley.

Just keep to the game plan, keep cool and ensure we make the scoreboard count on Saturday evening. Let's not throw this opportunity away by being indisciplined.
Saturday will see Leeds applying their bully boy tactics, intimidating players with verbal sledging and cheap shot tactics.
If we can apply our discipline as shown against Hull KR, keep the ball and kick the ball more effective, we can turn Leeds over.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Saturday will see Leeds applying their bully boy tactics, intimidating players with verbal sledging and cheap shot tactics.
If we can apply our discipline as shown against Hull KR, keep the ball and kick the ball more effective, we can turn Leeds over.
I know it's easy for us supporters to say, but I just feel that keeping our discipline whatever tactics Leeds decide to use will be the key to victory on Saturday.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Panchitta Marra wrote: This smells of Brian McLennan's twisted attitude through and through.
The way he is trying to rationalise every despicable action by his player by transferring blame to anyone and everyone else is pathetic.

Can anyone else see a surreal parallel with General Melchett in 'Blackadder Goes Forth'? Can't nail it down to anything specific other than the fact that his mind is closed to anyone's opinion but his own.
This was exemplified when, having said he wanted the Judiciary Panel to look into the circumstances of McGuire's injury. Eddie told him he had just watched the entire incident and it involved him committing a foul on Carmont. He was stuck for words then. He is selective in what he sees, and if what he sees does not fit into his argument, he invents.

I'm just glad he never saw Andy Coley urinate over McGuire while they were putting him on the stretcher!!!