How many Wigan players in the England squad?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: How many Wigan players in the England squad?

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Last night and after this afternoon 18-18 draw with Cumbria surely every English Wigan player should be in with a chance of selection. Perhaps Deacs is too old who knows. Anybody is better than Sykes.
My wife watched the GF highlights and she said if we could put that team out v Australia we would stand a good chance of winning.

Of course we can't given the overseas players but I think she is right in the sense Madge and Co have turned players such as Gleeson and Fielden back into genuine contenders for an International place.

The time we came closest to winning a test series v Oz was when there was a big Wigan contingent in the GB side with Hanley, Gregory and others in the team and it looks to me our best chance of success will be by doing the same again.

Dave
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

The following players should all go and I would definately have all of them, bar maybe Fielden because we have some very good props, in the starting 13.

Sam Tomkins
Joel Tomkins
Sean O'Loughlin
Darrell Goulding
Martin Gleeson
Stuart Fielden
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

I would add Coley to the list.
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

If a decent amount of Wigan players are not in the squad then it would show that McNamara really does not have a clue. Bet he goes with his old Bradford lot.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.