WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO GANSON ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO GANSON ?

Post by Kittwazzer »

Apparently his lawyer is now fighting to get Stevie Wonder his Driving Licence back! :lol:
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

just think of the chants next year. it is really worth him coming back
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Good to see the good old British presumption of guilt before proven innocent is alive and well. :) next year will be a good laugh, he'll end up suing every club in Super League for mass slander lol

Seriously this is a pretty weird situation, 'no further action' is not a term I have heard used in law before and suggests to me that some action has already been taken. The CPS usually give a brief explanation why a case is not going to trial usually insufficient evidence or unreliable witnesses but this is pretty vague. I'd love to know what's gone on.

Edit... Fixed penalty notice was original action, should really have done my research beforehand lol
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

So what does that mean GP? was he given a fine and that is the end?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Way I read it, all charges were dropped so he keeps his clean sheet!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Yeah drunk and disorderly, something like a £60 fine, no criminal record. *SPECULATION ALERT* Was interesting to read that he was 'only' being charged with unintentional GBH which in these circumstances means that when considering a prosecution they believed he didn't push or punch the old lady deliberately (at a guess he may well have fallen into her as a result of being drunk?) This is a far cry from the allegations made by the woman's daughter which appeared in the papers shortly after the incident
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As one who believes that if you have enough money to employ a quality legal representative then you can get away with murder I firmly believe guilty people can walk free.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

That's true. No longer about innocence or guilt. The introduction of PACE means it is now determined by whether the publicy funded CPS can put together a case sufficiently watertight that a highly paid lawyer cannot pick holes in.

Nick Freeman is the classic example but it applies to all crimes.

Not many millionnaires to to jail!
onedego

Post by onedego »

Well, let's see... The RFL kept quiet. The RFL said nothing.. The charges are mysteriously dropped and still The RFL says nothing...

Purely my thoughts but I suspect The RFL may have paid his Get Out Of Jail Free card...

Very odd legal terms used indeed, and no explaination...
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Plenty 'RL People' and other 'important people' BUY their victims off to moderate their allegations etc etc. I do not think the RFL would do it though Onedego.