Re: Karl pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TC67036

Post by TC67036 »

Bad news, he has been seen training with the first team at the DW and Ive heard he has been given a 12 month contract.

I thought the release of the new shirt was bad enough
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can't see any new contract doing much damage to the Salary Cap!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Looks like a 12 month deal from what I have been told and read. I hope he is being paid the bare minimum. I know what Pryce should be in terms of a rugby player but I just do not think he is ever going to become what we hope(d).

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Looks like a 12 month deal from what I have been told and read. I hope he is being paid the bare minimum. I know what Pryce should be in terms of a rugby player but I just do not think he is ever going to become what we hope(d).
Bare minimum or not he must take a place up in the 25 man salary cap squad or his wages come out of the £55K set aside for junior players to get a few first team games.

He deserves a place in neither category but it's all over RLfans he has a 12 month deal.

He simply does not deserve the opportunity he has been given and while I know you do not rate Ainscough he had next to no Madge/Wane coaching, had to suffer Noble and got shipped out yet Pryce gets another year? I would have liked to see Ainscough with 3 years of such coaching and when he was finished with it he'd still be two years younger than Pryce is now!

Joke of a decision.

Dave

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I still think IL has a huge say as far as Pryce is concerned.

Perhaps the jokes were right and he has some blackmail material on IL.

P.S Dave ignore Jon H he knows far less about RL than he or others like to think. For someone who has been supposedly in the inner circle of RL for him to think all decisions are straightforward is laughable.

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

cpwigan wrote:I still think IL has a huge say as far as Pryce is concerned.

P.S Dave ignore Jon H he knows far less about RL than he or others like to think. For someone who has been supposedly in the inner circle of RL for him to think all decisions are straightforward is laughable.
Good advice, Dave. Ignore someone who comes up with a reasonable counter-argument. CP has been doing that all his career. :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cruncher wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I still think IL has a huge say as far as Pryce is concerned.

Good advice, Dave. Ignore someone who comes up with a reasonable counter-argument. CP has been doing that all his career. :lol:
Dear oh dear woodworm crawling out of the wood here

Let me see

Dave O stated forums were for expressing opinions in reply to somebody saying whatever a coach, owner decides has to be right and cannot be questioned.

To put up a counter argument to Dave O's view is ludicrous. Anybody doing so would be supporting a view that all internet forums should be closed. I await you posting such a view re Rlfans Cruncher

We then get the classic personal attack
Dave O, trying to find a negative/be controversial, which sadly has become your trademark in the last year or so while posting on here.
Dave O has never changed in all the years he has been posting on the internet. Nor have you, Nor has Jon H. The comment / personal attack was farcical.

We then get the most absurd quote ever from Jon H
Our coach has been given total support from IFL when it comes to recruitment
Nobody bar Madge knows if that is true and yet you come out of the woodwork defending such absurdity. Pick your ground better Cruncher because you chose quicksand here.

Wigan fans know what IL thinks re Pryce. They know so far IL's view of the player was absurd. Everybody wants Pryce to be a world class winger but the evidence he can be a SL winger is scarce.

IL has invested a lot of money in Pryce, far more than just his pure salary. IMO IL is not a man that likes to feel he has wasted money. Every Wigan fan would love to see Karl Pryce use his massive height advantage to be an aerial threat akin to Pat for kicks. Every Wigan fan would love to see Karl Pryce either bulldoze through opponents or use speed/footwork to beat opponents and become a great player.

The majority of Wigan fans have seen lots of great wingers and despite hoping for something different most have given up hope regarding Karl Pryce. His teamates mock him and despite being on the available list no club has shown any interest.

As for your jibe at me. You do not have the mental capacity to spar with me. You are out of your depth. You can remove your tongue from Jon Hs backside Cruncher and crawl back to RLfans. There's a good little boy.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Looks like a 12 month deal from what I have been told and read. I hope he is being paid the bare minimum. I know what Pryce should be in terms of a rugby player but I just do not think he is ever going to become what we hope(d).
Bare minimum or not he must take a place up in the 25 man salary cap squad or his wages come out of the £55K set aside for junior players to get a few first team games.

He deserves a place in neither category but it's all over RLfans he has a 12 month deal.

He simply does not deserve the opportunity he has been given and while I know you do not rate Ainscough he had next to no Madge/Wane coaching, had to suffer Noble and got shipped out yet Pryce gets another year? I would have liked to see Ainscough with 3 years of such coaching and when he was finished with it he'd still be two years younger than Pryce is now!

Joke of a decision.

Dave

As you say, Sean Ainscough has had little coaching or match time under the guidance of Madge/Waney.
The same coaching as provided to Darrell Goulding, Liam Farrell and to some extent Lee Mossop has shown a massive improvement in their confidence, skills, fitness and math day mentality.
With Karl Pryce it has improved very little on any of the above.
Ainscough is a proven try scorer, albeit a player lacking match day confidence. I am sure under the current coaching regime he would have made steps forward like others have.
I agree Sean Ainscough should have been given the opportunity here well ahead of Karl Pryce.
Panchitta Marra

Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Joke of a decision.

Dave

As you say, Sean Ainscough has had little coaching or match time under the guidance of Madge/Waney.
The same coaching as provided to Darrell Goulding, Liam Farrell and to some extent Lee Mossop has shown a massive improvement in their confidence, skills, fitness and math day mentality.
With Karl Pryce it has improved very little on any of the above.
Ainscough is a proven try scorer, albeit was a player lacking match day confidence.
I am sure under the current coaching regime he would have made steps forward like others have.
I agree Sean Ainscough should have been given the opportunity here well ahead of Karl Pryce.
Panchitta Marra

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
DaveO wrote: Bare minimum or not he must take a place up in the 25 man salary cap squad or his wages come out of the £55K set aside for junior players to get a few first team games.

Joke of a decision.

Dave

With Karl Pryce it has improved very little on any of the above aspects.
Ainscough is a proven try scorer, albeit was a player lacking match day confidence.
I am sure, however, under the current coaching regime he would have made steps forward like others have.