Eastmond offered 200k p/a to switch

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Re: Eastmond offered 200k p/a to switch

Post by ancientnloyal »

how to dostinguish who is the best?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:how to dostinguish who is the best?
Don't think he had really thought it through! :lol:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:Couldn't lace Robinson's boots. And definitely not worth 200K pa!
Disagree here Kitt, he is a good un and compared to what some of the union guys are getting paid, he's probably worth twice that.

Just hope he's not lost to RL. Hopefully the RL will look at all of our young players and get them tied into the sort of contract offered in the past to Radders and Cunnigham to stop the talent drain.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

jobo wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Couldn't lace Robinson's boots. And definitely not worth 200K pa!
Disagree here Kitt, he is a good un and compared to what some of the union guys are getting paid, he's probably worth twice that.

Just hope he's not lost to RL. Hopefully the RL will look at all of our young players and get them tied into the sort of contract offered in the past to Radders and Cunnigham to stop the talent drain.
The RFL had nothing to do with these, the clubs increased the salaries, with no help from the RFL.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I have a vague recollection of RL involvement when KFC and Rad were targeted! :blush:
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

they called the 'club gb' contracts. have no idea how much extra they got or where it actually came from though.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Knew I hadn't dreamt it!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

jobo wrote:
At Wigan, Jason Robinson was 5 yards faster than Eastmond, more skillful with the ball in hand, but more importantly had a big heart to play (either game), and wasnt injury prone.
No comparisson IMO.
jobo

Post by jobo »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
jobo wrote:

The RFL had nothing to do with these, the clubs increased the salaries, with no help from the RFL.
The RFL did give financial support. It's even mentioned by Radders himself in his book.

Check it out.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
jobo wrote:
At Wigan, Jason Robinson was 5 yards faster than Eastmond, more skillful with the ball in hand, but more importantly had a big heart to play (either game), and wasnt injury prone.
No comparisson IMO.
Sorry PM, not comparing him to Jason, I agree with most of what you say. Do think though that Eastmond is a better scrum half than Jason was.

My point is that Eastmond would be worth at least £200k pa to the RU. He is explosive, less so than JR and I think would be a big star for RU and a big loss for RL in general.