WCC - the Saints are coming...!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
St_Jubbsy

Re: WCC - the Saints are coming...!

Post by St_Jubbsy »

We'll be small number but large in heart.

There are many of us who pledged that we would make the trip if we ever won it - I feel extremely sorry for one of my mates who can't come because his wedding was long ago scheduled for Feb 26. He is devastated.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

St_Jubbsy wrote:G'day Wigan fans,

Thought I would drop in to let you know that there is a group of St George supporters heading over for the WCC. Should be a cracking match.

While I think we are the better squad - you guys have an obvious advantage with the home ground, conditions, time of year etc.

There are a few of us going to the Wigan v Man U game the day before at DW too.

Hopefully it is a close match and played in a good spirit and the "right" team wins of course. It is a fitting WCC with probably the two most famous clubs in world rugby league fighting it out.

Looking forward to hitting the pubs there too.

Any tips on things to do over there would be appreciated...

head to King st on the day of the game, the walkabout will have a lot of us in from 1200 noon having a few cheeky ones before we head to the ground.

safe journey over and hope you have a great experience( i would knock the football thing on the head if i were you :wink: )

ste

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cook123

Post by cook123 »

safe journey over and hope you have a great experience( i would knock the football thing on the head if i were you )
I wouldn't it might be their only chance to see a premership game in wigan ;)
St_Jubbsy

Post by St_Jubbsy »

It's all part of the experience.

Spending a week in London and then travelling to Manchester.

Arriving in Manchester on the Saturday morning, going to the football in the afternoon followed by a night on the tiles in Manchester. Then doing an Old Trafford tour on Sunday morning and heading over to Wigan around lunch time for pre-match festivities.

Should be good times hopefully.
St_Jubbsy

Post by St_Jubbsy »

By the way, thanks for the tip on King St. Sounds like the plan for when we get there on the train from Manchester.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Hope you have a great time in Wigan and you're not too disappointed when Wigan win!!
All the best Mate and safe journey.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

St_Jubbsy wrote:By the way, thanks for the tip on King St. Sounds like the plan for when we get there on the train from Manchester.
I would check the train times for Sunday they are very restricted.
13:12 Manchester Victoria [MCV] Wigan Wallgate [WGW] 13:54 0h 42m 0 Details 4

13:35 Manchester Piccadilly [MAN] Wigan Wallgate [WGW] 14:11 0h 36m 0 Details 14

every hour at the same time from both stations
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

pieater-alex wrote:Make sure you have a pie. You can't come to Wigan and not have a pie. :D

The atmosphere at the ground I'd imagine will be something you've never quite experienced before.
You can in the DW. Govt Health Warning for the Stadia food.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Hey Jubbsy. Hope you enjoy your trip and hope you give me some tips as I am heading over there in May to see Finchy,Lima and Hoffman play.