Paul Cooke don't like us, but we don't care...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Paul Cooke don't like us, but we don't care...

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Kiwiseddon wrote: He can still be a great without the arrogance.
I have to disagree with this slightly all the great halfbacks have arrogance its what sets them apart from the good half backs, its what makes them do that chip over out of no-where, that ridiculous step or magic pass. Arrogance is key to being excetional in the half back role, without it you get Deacon, a very good very solid half back but with it you get the longs, the lockyer, the barrett, the johns.

Sam does need to stop the rolling on the floor bit of his game though i agree it is getting tiresome and may start to lead to him conceeding rather than winning penalties
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I see that idiot, Agar, is still whinging. Now he's posted this on his twitter page
Rich Agar
RichardAgar Rich Agar
View on Dirty Wigan (and Leeds) by my friend Paul Cooke http://bit.ly/dQoKlr

Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote: He can still be a great without the arrogance.
I have to disagree with this slightly all the great halfbacks have arrogance its what sets them apart from the good half backs, its what makes them do that chip over out of no-where, that ridiculous step or magic pass. Arrogance is key to being excetional in the half back role, without it you get Deacon, a very good very solid half back but with it you get the longs, the lockyer, the barrett, the johns.

Sam does need to stop the rolling on the floor bit of his game though i agree it is getting tiresome and may start to lead to him conceeding rather than winning penalties
I suppose it's a confidence/arrogance debate. I know exactly what you mean in saying he needs this to be a great. He just goes too far sometimes and I think it clouds his decision making process sometimes. It's his cockiness that makes him believe he'll score very time he gets the ball in that link play that Wigan do so well but I've said at least twenty times at games that 'he should've passed that'. A Johns or a Lockyer would have the composure to look up and see what's was I front. I feel that Sam lacks this and needs to come down a bit from his high horse and recognise his mistakes. At present I don't think he does.
Confidence yes. Even cockiness but not arrogance. And the rolling around has to stop now!!!!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
OJ

Post by OJ »

Suppose it could be classed as an expert's view seeing as he was one of the biggest thugs that ever took to a rugby field in recent times.

Almost wonder if Gaga's whinging comments don't fall under the heading of bringing the game into dis-repute
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

What chance do we have if Wigan fans are saying Sam cheats?
All Sam does is keep hold of the ball when tackled.
That is his job.
The job of the tackler(s) when the tackle is completed is to get the hell away.
If the tackling player wasn't trying to illegally steal the ball, then they wouldn't be able to have their arms trapped.
The alternative is he lets the ball go, with a better than 50% chance it gets called a knock on from a loose carry.
The other teams/fans are just jealous because Wigan have mastered the tackling technique they are all trying to copy, and Sam is a God like genius.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Agar is not a person I take note of he's just gobbing at the mouth because of results like this. Hull played 5 won 1 lost 4 enough said Agar. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: Paul the turn coat cooke mmm gob shite.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

The Rfl must act to stop wigan's brutal style of play? i'm sorry, have i read this correctly?. What is paul cooke on!
has he signed for Hull instead of joining the girl guides.
that sounds as though we are Roman gladiators :eh: :eh:
the only people who seemed to be injured on Sunday were Wigan ones.Paul Deacon had quite a nasty head wound apparently.....did he do that to himself then.Get real :roll: :roll:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I wonder if Paul Cooke understands irony?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

if you asked him he'd probably reply

"these creases are meant to be in this shirt"

:eh:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

gpartin wrote:I wonder if Paul Cooke understands irony?
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:if you asked him he'd probably reply

"these creases are meant to be in this shirt"

:eh:
Beautiful.:lol1:

I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09