Sadistic people

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
the winky one

any news josie?

Post by the winky one »

Josie, any news on your little cat? :eusa10:
jobo

Re: Sadistic people

Post by jobo »

Cats are cats but for someone to shoot one, well I don't know what to say. Hope you are alright and your cat gets better.
josie andrews

Re: any news josie?

Post by josie andrews »

the winky one wrote:Josie, any news on your little cat? :eusa10:

Toby update - Toby had a comfortable night & had a little "soup". Went for his check-up this morning, Thursday, the vet is quite pleased with him saying he has responded better with being in his own environment, he looks a lot brighter & his colouring is better. Still need to keep an eye on him & try to get him to eat a little more & do his toilet! The bruising is a lot better than it was but still pretty bad. They gave him another shot of antibiotics & pain relief, tomorrow he starts on the tablets!! That will be good trying to get the tablets down his throat lol

:)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This was in last Friday's WEP

Gunman blasting cats to death

A sick gunman is blasting Wigan cats to death, a vet has claimed.

George Reitze is warning owners of escalating levels of cruelty after completing an emergency operation to save one shot cat – and being unable to save the life of another.

The latest victim, a three-year-old cat called Dookie, had to have a damaged kidney removed and a hole in his gut repaired in a complicated hour and a half long procedure at Mr Reitze's Standish surgery.

He is now making a good recovery at home in Poolstock, much to the relief of owners Lee Parkinson and his fiancee Emma Wakefield. And Vet Mr Reitze revealed that Dookie is only the latest in a wave of shootings.

He said: "It's important for cat owners to be aware that this is only one of a number of such cases that have been brought to us in recent weeks.

"Most have been successfully treated but one case involved a pet cat that had been shot and sadly died from its wounds.

Keep up with all the local news in the Wigan Evening Post ...

"There are sick people out there doing this and I hope people will become more aware, keep their eyes open for what people with guns are doing and then hopefully we can help to stop it.

"From a veterinary point of view, it is very important for owners who believe that their cats have been shot, to get them to a Vets as soon as possible, because it isn't always possible to see any puncture wound from the pellet."

Owner Mr Parkinson, a 32-year-old graphic designer with DW Sports, says that the shooting clearly wasn't an accident, which makes it all the more shocking.

The vets say that the track of the pellet and the level of its penetration shows the muzzle of the air rifle was virtually touching Dookie when the trigger was pulled.

The pellet went though his neck, then through a kidney before breaking through Dookie's gut and coming to rest in his stomach.

It's the second of his nine lives that Dookie has now used up. He recovered from serious injuries, including a broken jaw, when he was run over by a car six months ago.

Lee said: "Dookie was very friendly. He would have probably gone straight up to whoever did it and then, bang.

"The Vet said he was in a critical condition and he would have died if we hadn't got him to there."

http://www.wigantoday.net/news/gunman_b ... h_1_750411
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

There was also an incident in Marsh Green, reported on Wednesday 16th March, where a cat had been attacked & had multiple injuries from shotgun pellets in its own back garden, it lost one of its front legs through the severity of the injuries it received.

This is just another disgusting act of cruelty from these sick sick people.
the winky one

Re: any news josie?

Post by the winky one »

Oh josie i'm so glad, he should get a littlle better each day now hopefully. I know what you mean about the tablets,
we used to crush ours to a powder, mix with a little milk and draw it into a syringe, didn't always work and if Toby
is not feeling to good it's prob not the best thing to try.
But at least things are going in the right direction
:D
PS i read about the other cat on Marsh Green that had been shot...i'm afraid it beggars belief and made me feel quite sick..what kind of people are we living amongst :angry: :angry:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

My worry is what these sickos will move onto when they tire of getting their kicks out of torturing cats. And Marsh Green isn't exactly the garden capital of England so its unlikely to have been a gardener finally losing it!
the winky one

Toby

Post by the winky one »

Any updates on Toby Josie? :look:
josie andrews

Re: Toby

Post by josie andrews »

He is doing really well at the moment.

Has managed to do his toilet, thank God, because that was a thing which was causing concern because of the damage to his intestines & bowel. I will take him to the vets again tomorrow for another examination.

Thanks for asking
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

So glad to hear Toby is improving slowly.
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.