the ozzie boys

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yoda warrior

Re: the ozzie boys

Post by yoda warrior »

do you think the coach would just leave him out without saying anything? He would have explained exactly why he'd done it through the week. It may have been that his confidence seemed low at training or anything. If he looked sad in the warm up, maybe that could have been his demeanour throughourt the week? I think one thing we should all have learned is that this coach knows exactly what he's doing.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To my knowledge the players are always told why they are not selected etc and in private.
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

exactly. he wouldn't just leave out a young lad after a bad game with no explanation. When i played under 13's we were told why the team had been selected how it was. I would guess Maguire told him he wasn't playing with, at least, at metaphorical arm around him.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was one of the first changes Madge/Waney introduced. The old regime was very poor in this respect.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

cpwigan wrote:It was one of the first changes Madge/Waney introduced. The old regime was very poor in this respect.
I remember an interview last season with, I think, Lee Mossop explainimg that Madge ad taken him to one side to explain why he wasn't being played, and which aspects of his game he need to improve.
He worked hard, especially on those aspects, and got back into the side after a couple of weeks.
Can't say fairer than that.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

If you think the Aussie boys have to be the BOG every week then you are in for a let down. As long as they put in solid performances every week and they do what is required for the TEAM then they are worth every cent they are paid. Hoffman will put in every week because he doesn`t know any different.Finch will win you a game or two and Lima does try every week.I am sure some of your pommy players have an off week too.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Stormfan wrote:If you think the Aussie boys have to be the BOG every week then you are in for a let down. As long as they put in solid performances every week and they do what is required for the TEAM then they are worth every cent they are paid. Hoffman will put in every week because he doesn`t know any different.Finch will win you a game or two and Lima does try every week.I am sure some of your pommy players have an off week too.
I give in. Whats the BOG
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Best on Ground...usually awarded after every match
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

yoda warrior wrote:do you think the coach would just leave him out without saying anything? He would have explained exactly why he'd done it through the week. It may have been that his confidence seemed low at training or anything. If he looked sad in the warm up, maybe that could have been his demeanour throughourt the week? I think one thing we should all have learned is that this coach knows exactly what he's doing.
No & I wasn't saying that he hadn't been told why he wasn't playing, just that he seemed to be unhappy at not playing.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

i would hope he was unhappy at not being selected.