Pat Richards

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Pat Richards

Post by exile in Tiger country »

OJ wrote:Good call CP. We all understand that their career in a high impact contact sport is all too short and they have to do the best for their family and themselves as they can but he would be a HUGE loss to us but I could not do anything other than wish him well in whatever he decides, he owes us nothing but we owe him a great deal.

This statement of concentrating on his play and form does smack of a remark along the lines of the famous (or should that be infamous) no comments we have grown used to lately
Or maybe it's an "It's nobody's business but mine and the club's" message?
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
pedro

Post by pedro »

exile in Tiger country wrote:
OJ wrote:Good call CP. We all understand that their career in a high impact contact sport is all too short and they have to do the best for their family and themselves as they can but he would be a HUGE loss to us but I could not do anything other than wish him well in whatever he decides, he owes us nothing but we owe him a great deal.

This statement of concentrating on his play and form does smack of a remark along the lines of the famous (or should that be infamous) no comments we have grown used to lately
but we are a part of the club
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

pedro wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:

I am the club.You are the club.We make signings available via our turn out and money through the turn style.We are the biggest club in rugby league because we are the best supporters in rugby league.We are Ancient & Loyal. Pat must know that we loyal supporters admire him as a player and as a person and the club must respect the wishes of the the supporters and do everything that is possible to retain his services.It would be criminal to lose another player to the yawnions.It's quite obvious to man and boy that he along with others are only going for the money.And if thats the case we must be as crafty as the wire lot and do anything to retain him. :D
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

KOOCH wrote:
pedro wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote: Or maybe it's an "It's nobody's business but mine and the club's" message?
I am the club.You are the club.We make signings available via our turn out and money through the turn style.We are the biggest club in rugby league because we are the best supporters in rugby league.We are Ancient & Loyal. Pat must know that we loyal supporters admire him as a player and as a person and the club must respect the wishes of the the supporters and do everything that is possible to retain his services.It would be criminal to lose another player to the yawnions.It's quite obvious to man and boy that he along with others are only going for the money.And if thats the case we must be as crafty as the wire lot and do anything to retain him. :D
KOOCH wrote:
pedro wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote: Or maybe it's an "It's nobody's business but mine and the club's" message?
You are spot on regards them WARRINGTON LOT perhaps our chairman should get in touch with them and ask for few tips of how to get round the salary cap,but seriously we do need to keep Richards at present he is virtually irreplaceble we just dont seem to function the same with out him.On my team sheet his name is the first down and i am sure others inside and outside our game think so also!! Lenigan must move heaven and earth to keep him unless he has some surprise package waiting in the wings
lancaster4499

Post by lancaster4499 »

i agree we need his sorting asap!! he is irraplaceable i for one would be heart broken to see him go! wat a legend
"To be the man you have to beat the man"

OJ

Post by OJ »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Or maybe it's an "It's nobody's business but mine and the club's" message?
As to the finer details of his contract I would agree with you and don't want to know what his salary is any more than I want to know what yours or any other fan's salary is exile but whether he is staying or going is very much everyone's business. Fans are always interested in whether players stay or go but some cause more concern than others and Pat is up there among the more important ones to me
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

OJ wrote:
exile in Tiger country wrote:Or maybe it's an "It's nobody's business but mine and the club's" message?
As to the finer details of his contract I would agree with you and don't want to know what his salary is any more than I want to know what yours or any other fan's salary is exile but whether he is staying or going is very much everyone's business. Fans are always interested in whether players stay or go but some cause more concern than others and Pat is up there among the more important ones to me
Exactly. I really do get fed up of this "it's is none of our business" line. Since when have signings and re-signings been none of our business? Nitty gritty details are not but who signs and whether players re-sign certainly is.

I think it's quite reasonable to be at least a tad concerned with the "concentrating on playing" line because one easy way to do that is to sign on the dotted line for us now and end any speculation etc. After all players who do re-sign often come out with the line they are glad its all sorted and they can concentrate on playing.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

It don't think you can read too much into it - it's just platitudes. Every time players get asked this type of question, they just play the question with a straight bat, non-committal, vague type of answer.

He's hardly likely to announce to all and sundry his negiotiating strategy.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I think a player who is entering into what could be the final contract of his career has every right to find out who his coach will be before signing anything.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Very good point Shaun!