why are we scared?!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

Re: why are we scared?!!!

Post by OJ »

Personally HGWarrior I don't consider anyone on here to be whinging as you put it, we are all expressing our different opinions which is what these forums is all about is it not?
If we all agreed with one another all the time it would be pretty boring but the different takes on a subject are all interesting in their own way and just because you don't agree doesn't mean you have to call folk whingers :eusa9: we all care about the team and that is what really matters
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

jobo

Post by jobo »

It's not fear, more a realistic look at how both teams are currently performing.

Wire have their weaknesses but at the moment, their weaknesses are stronger than most other teams strengths. Having said that, they are beatable but going off current form they are probably 6 points better than us.

Good news for us though, is that we should have Hock and Fielden back and this could swing it our way.

Should be a cracking game and I'm backing us to beat them and win the CC.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Ok, no one can say that we have played brilliantly so far compared to last year because we have not. Whether this is down to injuries, the coach leaving or anything else I have no idea.Finch has taken a while to get going,causing everyone to ask for his head on a plate.. Lima gives a penalty away if he looks at the ref the wrong way. Pat was missing for a big chunk of the season and we lost Gleeson in mysterious circumstances. On the plus side we will have Hock Fielden and Hanson back. Looking at things another way,the media is going to town about how many points warrington have scored...well actually it was mostly against crap opposition.Come July 23 let's just see how good they are..and don't forget that they are only good if teams allow them to be.Is that better for you??
LET'S RIP THEIR HEADS OFF.. BIG TIME!!
:devi: :devi:
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

Must say that I agree with The Winky one and yes I'm a little bit scared having seen the Bradford game. For example why did we insist on returning to Noble's one out football when clearly it wasn't working, passing to forwards who were standing still? Why did we ship so many points when we supposedly have the best defence in SL.
Why are we not hard like the Wires instead of lifting of the throttle and making the game harder for ourselves. Yes, I want to go to Wembley AND Old Trafford but another couple of games like that and we can sadly say goodbye to any pots this year.For God's sake Warriors get your arses into gear.
mackattack

Post by mackattack »

the winky one wrote:... about how many points warrington have scored...well actually it was mostly against crap opposition.Come July 23 let's just see how good they are..and don't forget that they are only good if teams allow them to be.Is that better for you??
LET'S RIP THEIR HEADS OFF.. BIG TIME!!
:devi: :devi:

Couldn't agree more!

Everyone's saying how over Wire's last 3 games they managed to score 254 points and concede 0. However the last 3 teams they've played are Keighley, Cass and Swinton. Now i don't want to sound like i'm disrespecting anyone, but those 3 are hardly doing to give Wire a run for their money.

Lets just see what happens when they come up against some of the bigger boys.

And don't forget, that is OUR trophy! There's a reason our name is all over it!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Nobody in cherry and white fear the cheating gob shites. We are not only Ancient and loyal we are proud!We will punch holes in there defence like a knife slicing through butter.Our boys will stand firm and resolute in the defence of our line.Morley will be met head on with the brute force that is Hock.Westwood shall be rocked from his foundation by Andy Coley.The Monaghans will be made to look utterly silly and shall be chasing shadows.Hodgson will have his pocket picked so many times he will consider retirement.And the snake that is Smith will retract that lizard like tongue and viperous smile after the destruction of his over blown team are ripped to shreds by the cherry and white machine.Other than that it might just be a close game. :D
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

And another thing...Let's stop turning on one another,that won't solve anything, just play into the hands of the opposition.... Rant over with.. :D :D
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

P.S...Kooch! are you feeling OK? :wink:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Well said The winkey one. It is often the case that the sniping and back biting often begins when in the close season.That no longer seems to be the case these days.As it is often the case that some posters seem to think that peoples opinion often commenting on a game see it as an insult to them and make it personal.I know our opinions often differ as to our view of a how a game went or how a player went.And that will always be the case and is not always meant to be offensive to anyone.Save the comments and back biting for the enemy. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

KOOCH wrote:Nobody in cherry and white fear the cheating gob shites. We are not only Ancient and loyal we are proud!We will punch holes in there defence like a knife slicing through butter.Our boys will stand firm and resolute in the defence of our line.Morley will be met head on with the brute force that is Hock.Westwood shall be rocked from his foundation by Andy Coley.The Monaghans will be made to look utterly silly and shall be chasing shadows.Hodgson will have his pocket picked so many times he will consider retirement.And the snake that is Smith will retract that lizard like tongue and viperous smile after the destruction of his over blown team are ripped to shreds by the cherry and white machine.Other than that it might just be a close game. :D
Cracking post Koochy :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan