Matt King in talks with Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kiwiseddon

Re: Matt King in talks with Wigan

Post by Kiwiseddon »

The Hoff wrote:Ah Van is terrible, he is the kind of import that makes Super League a disgrace.

I know its just board talk an not even a rumour but I would be very disappointed if we signed Ah Van.

Matt King on the other hand is class. Would love to see him in a Wigan shirt. If we manage to resign Carmont for a year as rumoured, I would be extremely happy with our backline next year:

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Josh Charnley
3. Matt King
4. George Carmont
5. Pat Richards

With Darrell Goulding, Stefan Marsh, Matty Russell, Ryan King etc to back up
NO HE ISN"T!!!!!!! Not sure we should sign him but he is not terrible!!!
He's about the only good thing at Bratfut!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The Hoff wrote:Ah Van is terrible, he is the kind of import that makes Super League a disgrace.

I know its just board talk an not even a rumour but I would be very disappointed if we signed Ah Van.

Matt King on the other hand is class. Would love to see him in a Wigan shirt. If we manage to resign Carmont for a year as rumoured, I would be extremely happy with our backline next year:

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Josh Charnley
3. Matt King
4. George Carmont
5. Pat Richards

With Darrell Goulding, Stefan Marsh, Matty Russell, Ryan King etc to back up
No idea where you got that from about Ah Van because from what I've seen he looks goodm
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wes

Post by Wes »

Im not sure AhVan would fit in with our type of play maybe he would but yes hes a good winger and IMO Bratfurt will do very well indeed if they hold onto him!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

If Ah Van is available we should definately be interested.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thomo

Post by thomo »

Is Matt King not rumoured to be the highest paid playe in super league?

Not worth the money
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

thomo wrote:Is Matt King not rumoured to be the highest paid playe in super league?

Not worth the money
If you look at every position, numbers 1 to 12 on the Wires team, each player in that respective position is just about the highest paid in Super League, I'll concede Lockers bucks the trend at number 13.
The Hoff

Post by The Hoff »

Has anyone ever seen ah van defend? Probably not because he cant. Bradford signing imports like im and herbert are the reason they are in the position they are in now. Everytime i've seen bradford play he has been out of position for many trys, I would be absolutely gutted if he was a wigan player.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bill.inger wrote:
thomo wrote:Is Matt King not rumoured to be the highest paid playe in super league?

Not worth the money
If you look at every position, numbers 1 to 12 on the Wires team, each player in that respective position is just about the highest paid in Super League, I'll concede Lockers bucks the trend at number 13.
Sorry, you have lost me! What has Lockers got to do with Wire :conf:

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

josie andrews wrote:
bill.inger wrote:

Not worth the money
Sorry, you have lost me! What has Lockers got to do with Wire :conf:
I think that the point being made is that from 1-12, at Warrington, they're likely to be commanding the highest pay per position of any team in the Superleague. It's just likely that Lockers is likely to command the highest pay of any number 13 in SL.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Warrington MUST be over the Salary Cap but would be very surprised if numbers 1-12 in their squad were the highest paid right throughout SL, 2-Chris Riley, 5-Joel Monaghan, 7-Richard Myler, but, other players above the 1-13 will definately be bigger earners. It all needs looking into by the right people in my opinion and the the vast majority of others, they are getting away with it far to easy.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett