That Song!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_panda

Re: That Song!

Post by Wigan_panda »

Some Wigan fans really do moan about anything. When we were going through a rough patch, this was our anthem! It isn't sung that much anymore but is still a good song, lets face it, we had a brilliant past and shouldn't forget those players!
It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

wigwar wrote:How about 'We've got Richards and Hansen, Tomkins and Charnley. Lockers and Tommy Leu Leui-i-i'?
Just for the cup final?
Please??
Get Wigan fans to learn a new song in 3 weeks !!!!, its taken 6 months to learn a song with no words (Dale Cavese). :wink:
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Susi

Post by Susi »

you could use the last two names with sam and jooooeel
wigwar

Post by wigwar »

I understand the song highlights the great tradition of the Wigan club, and when we were going through hard times it was good to be reminded of that. My point is we now have a team filled with up and coming (and established) greats of the modern game and we don't need to live in the past anymore.
If I was on the pitch, I would feel bl**dy brilliant to find the fans now rated the current team as highly as any we have had in the past, and that would spur me on to live up to it and not let the fans/team down.
If the terraces start with the current song, particularly in a big game like the CC final,I would be thinking to myself 'what do we have to do to get the fans to sing about us?'
I know it's not as popular as it used to be, but it was sung repeatedly at the Grand Final.
wigwar

Post by wigwar »

Had another think about the re-wording of this song. What about 'With Lockers and Richards, Tomkins and Charnley, we're gonna win 8 in a ro-o-ow?
A tad arrogant admittedly, but from what I have seen on non-wigan RL sites we are nearly as well known for our arrogance as we are for our pies, so why not live up to the rep?
Wigan_panda

Post by Wigan_panda »

I don't think they're bothered. Especially when we sing most of their names anyway! And we sing "Just Can't get enough", bloody hell, stop moaning for 1 second! We're at Wemebely, we're the champions, the double is on! Christ!!
It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Suppose if they want a special version for the cup final they could sing ...

"Oh oh oh oh oh... We're the greatest club in the world
We've had Barret and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 in a roooow!!"

As Aleksandr would say "Simples"
onedego

Post by onedego »

Of course, 8 in a row isn't as good as Wire's Two year domination of the Challenge Cup

:lol:
Wigan_panda

Post by Wigan_panda »

onedego wrote:Of course, 8 in a row isn't as good as Wire's Two year domination of the Challenge Cup

:lol:
To be fair, a lot of their 'fans' had only followed the game for 2 years.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We've already won 8 in a row so it wouldn't really make sense.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan