Bitcon into England setup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Bitcon into England setup

Post by Panchitta Marra »

platt-warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I agree with you Mike. As you said, why should the likes of the Leeds, Wire & Saints players benefit from our trainers expertise when they are our fiercest rivals on the domestic front
Too true Josie.
From watching the warm up routine that the Wigan players go through at every game and understanding the warm down after each match it is obvious that these methods and skills from the likes of Madge and Mike Bitcom are pretty special.
I notice no other club doing anywhere near the level of correct stretching and warming through like seen at the DW this season.
These skills also transpires in the knowledge of how to heal common specific injuries like hamstring pulls, damage to muscles and general fatigue.
Why should this be passed on to our fiercest rivals as you rightly say.
Why shouldnt he be allowed to progess? He applied to become

the England head physio....good luck to him I say maybe

he'll find there,s thing to learn from doing the job.
I am not saying that he shouldnt be allowed to progress.
If wants to do it for England and progress his career, then leave Wigan and do it on a full time basis.
I just think that all the preparation work that he is paid for by Wigan should not be so easily passed onto others.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I am not saying that he shouldnt be allowed to progress.
If wants to do it for England and progress his career, then leave Wigan and do it on a full time basis.
I just think that all the preparation work that he is paid for by Wigan should not be so easily passed onto others.

England are never going to have a full time conditioner for what amounts to about 4 weeks a year. Other clubs conditioners, and coaches for that matter, have been involved in the England set up for years so this appointments is hardly a new occurance. The clubs give their blessing to this, as would the Wigan club for Bitcon to become involved. The England set up is also a world away from a club set up and the training methods and techniques used will be much different. It is largely a case of keeping the players ticking over and the training will be far different to the likes of pre-season where Bitcon really earns his money and gives Wigan the edge. I am also sure that Bitcon isnt stupid enough to give away all of his trade secrets.
Panchitta Marra

platt-warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I agree with you Mike. As you said, why should the likes of the Leeds, Wire & Saints players benefit from our trainers expertise when they are our fiercest rivals on the domestic front
Too true Josie.
From watching the warm up routine that the Wigan players go through at every game and understanding the warm down after each match it is obvious that these methods and skills from the likes of Madge and Mike Bitcom are pretty special.
I notice no other club doing anywhere near the level of correct stretching and warming through like seen at the DW this season.
These skills also transpires in the knowledge of how to heal common specific injuries like hamstring pulls, damage to muscles and general fatigue.
Why should this be passed on to our fiercest rivals as you rightly say.
Why shouldnt he be allowed to progess? He applied to become

the England head physio....good luck to him I say maybe

he'll find there,s thing to learn from doing the job.
I have never said Bitcom shouldnt be allowed to progress.
All I am trying to say is that if he does want to do the job for England, then do it full time for England & not Wigan.
In my initial thread I did say club or country.
Whilst Wigan are paying his wages he is continuing to improve his learning, and why should this professionalism be be passed onto other teams staff and players whilst he is at Wigan.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Very negative post IMO PM,after all, this is only a part time
position i think,and i feel he will benefit (and Wigan)mixing with other physios (especially Ozzy & NZ ) new ideas to bring back to Wigan.
Panchitta Marra

platt-warrior wrote:Very negative post IMO PM,after all, this is only a part time
position i think,and i feel he will benefit (and Wigan)mixing with other physios (especially Ozzy & NZ ) new ideas to bring back to Wigan.
Thats a fair comment PW.
I still think it not right for our fiercest competitors to be gaining information from probably the best conditioner in British Rugby League.
My gripe over.