Kiwi's appeal against suspensions

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
rdownes9

Re: Kiwi's appeal against suspensions

Post by rdownes9 »

Spot on. Luke's actions where totally cowardly, and if that goes on in NRL every week, so what? Doesn't make it right does it? It was just downright evil, and there's no place for that our great sport. He was already in trouble for his tackle in the Aussie match, so a two match ban is not enough.

Smith is just a thug anyway, I remember him in last years 4 Nations final, so he should be punished.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Appeal withdrawn
jobo

Post by jobo »

Apparently, they can use friendly matches, prior to the NRL season starting, to cover the suspensions. So in effect, there's no need for them to appeal.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I think that luke should have been put out for at least 6 matches.He really is going to do some serious damage to a player in the near future. That leg twist was a dispicable act. too many times he gets let off when he does that cannonball tackle. He wasn`t even put on report when he cannonballed the Aussie player during the 4 nations(can`t remember his name)WHY????
If he was wearing PURPLE he would be watching from the stands for at least 10 weeks. :(
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I totally agree re Isaac Luke. It was a totally cowardly and deliberate act simply to injure a player.
As such, the two match ban is a joke.
There's a huge difference between taking someone's head off in a split second misjudged tackle and a calculated deliberate attempt to injure. For my money, 6-8 matches.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Can the committee appeal against their own decision after this interview: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 810583.stm
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Strangely I have more respect for him for admitting what he has done. I still think it was an appalling act but his honesty at least explains why he did it.

Either way, two matches isn't enough.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
jobo

Post by jobo »

Crikey, it's a good job Chase is his cousin, just think what he'd have done to a complete stranger.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Kiwiseddon wrote:Strangely I have more respect for him for admitting what he has done. I still think it was an appalling act but his honesty at least explains why he did it.

No honesty here - he just waited until he'd been sentenced (only 2 matches) THEN made his admission.

And these 2 games will be wiped out with pre-season friendlies!

If he'd made this confession/admission BEFORE the Disciplinary Committee met, they'd have given him 6/8 matches and deservedly so. He was even going to appeal before they realised the outcome would be minimal, so he can be more than happy with his sentence & now he comes out to the Press.

He should be done for bringing the game into disrepute, imo.
Its not the first time he's been in trouble - Madge will have his hands full with this guys discipline.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Nezza Faz wrote:
Kiwiseddon wrote:Strangely I have more respect for him for admitting what he has done. I still think it was an appalling act but his honesty at least explains why he did it.

No honesty here - he just waited until he'd been sentenced (only 2 matches) THEN made his admission.

And these 2 games will be wiped out with pre-season friendlies!

If he'd made this confession/admission BEFORE the Disciplinary Committee met, they'd have given him 6/8 matches and deservedly so. He was even going to appeal before they realised the outcome would be minimal, so he can be more than happy with his sentence & now he comes out to the Press.

He should be done for bringing the game into disrepute, imo.
Its not the first time he's been in trouble - Madge will have his hands full with this guys discipline.
That's a very good post.

Didn't know he was a Bunny.

However you wrap it up, what he did was awful. I can cope with menace in a tackle or even players out to hurt as much as they can in contact but it was just about the worst foul I've seen in ages. And you're right. He wouldn't be making those comments pre disciplinary.
"K"