4 Nations Final

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
bourbon_rat

Re: 4 Nations Final

Post by bourbon_rat »

hmm ? Wasn't England's 'finest hour' was it.
So now
- McBanana can whine about not having a neutral ref :roll:
- Locky can finally get that larynx fixed :cool:
- Widdop can go back to a coach who knows how & where to use his skills :doz:

- The 'Ginger whinger' can discover if he really is as good as he thinks he is.The doghouse is NOT stains :lol:

Good Morning Wigan - Brecky time for me :D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I thought England held there own for periods of the game, but the difference is that everytime australia got the ball they looked like they could score and there back up play was immense.
Thought the usual muppets on sky were harsh on sam mind
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

cumbria_warrior wrote:I thought England held there own for periods of the game, but the difference is that everytime australia got the ball they looked like they could score and there back up play was immense.
Thought the usual muppets on sky were harsh on sam mind
Sam always had pressure when they kicked to him. I can't recall many times that England did that.

We did show good signs, although composure was something we lacked when it mattered. The Aussies are able to play at an Intense level for 80 minutes whilst we can only play at that intensity for around 60 minutes.

I do have faith for the 2013 world cup, we may not win it but we will be more competitive then we have been, as the infrastructure is getting better along with good younger players coming through and those who have made an impact this time round will have 2 years more experience.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Just got in, will watch it on tv tomorrow.
1st impressions, we never had any composure with the ball, our kicking game was :with: , Sam got no help under the high ball totally surrounded by green and gold without another white shirt in cooey distance.

We were lucky the Aussies had a bad case of the dropsies in 1st half as we should have been 20 points behind at half time.

What the hell was Wilkin doing kicking a grubber with a three man overlap outside him?

for me Westwood and Yeaman had howlers.

At least in the future I can say I was there for Lockyers last international and it was a bit of a fairytale moment when he went in for the last try (And missed the kick with a big grin on his face).

If Rangi Chase qualifies for England then I suggest next year, Mcbanana gets the push and whichever club wins the Grand Final at OT represents England in the 4 Nations because all their players must qualify under the same rules as Chase.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

it is a beautiful; mo;rning here in Australia.I have watched the final twice and enjoyed it bo;th times. :)
AUSTRALIA 4 Nations CHAMPIONS
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Stormfan wrote:it is a beautiful; mo;rning here in Australia.I have watched the final twice and enjoyed it bo;th times. :)
R U tired or been 'celebrating' ? A few miss placed ; there :lol:
What can I say............... Southern Summer
Normal Service has been resumed.
A few months of RL free Summer & back into it.
Next match for me Albury
- W C Fields
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

bourbon_rat wrote:
Stormfan wrote:it is a beautiful; mo;rning here in Australia.I have watched the final twice and enjoyed it bo;th times. :)
R U tired or been 'celebrating' ? A few miss placed ; there :lol:
What can I say............... Southern Summer
Normal Service has been resumed.
A few months of RL free Summer & back into it.
Next match for me Albury
one of the keys on my keyboard was stuck..fixed up now.I woke up at 4.30am(adelaide time) to watch the game. :o
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Congratulations to the Aussies. In my view it was the most nailed on bet of the year.

We are light years behind the guys from downunder and, in my view, it is unlikely that we will ever close the gulf in class.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:They are like a bunch of fellas in the pub talking among themselves & that's the lot of them they are all bloody awful commentators :angry:
Been saying that for years. If you were at a live game and these lot were behind you could tell them to 'shut it' or move.
Can only turn down the sound which isn't an option really.
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Compare the views of the two coaches

Sheens - article here
The 61-year-old Sheens admits he would have felt compelled to quit had his side lost Saturday's Four Nations final to England in Darren Lockyer's farewell match.
McBanana - article here
In the first half we had to defend our goalline on so many occasions and I think the England of old would have folded.
Somehow I don't see McBanana 'feeling compelled' to fall on his sword :lol:
- W C Fields