Why Martin, Why????

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Re: Why Martin, Why????

Post by ancientnloyal »

It is, can't offend in prison.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

A flawed human being, but what a rugby talent. I used to love watching him in full flight; very exciting. Such a waste!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Cant offend in prison?????? there are more drugs/crime in british prisons than on the streets
BriH

Post by BriH »

cumbria_warrior wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Lost cause feed him to the prisons - best place for him I guess
A bit harsh,
I don't think so. He was done for a betting fraud previously wasn't he? And, considering what happened to Terry Newton I thought he above anybody else would know better.

Best shot of.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Some people never learn, its like martin aspinwall, goes to prison says hes changed his ways and then next minute he's being arrested again for D&D.

Morons its a shame in Gleesons case because its a talent that has never reached its potential but the lad is just an absolute idiot
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cumbria_warrior wrote:I agree that Martin has done wrong nad should be punnished, but I hope that there are people out there looking out for him and guiding him, as it will be so easy to go down the wrong route at the minute as basically that has called time on his career. A crying shame, and looks to be why a potential for why left us
I fully agree with what you say CW, and from stories I have been told Martin Gleeson is gulable and very easily led, sadly on the wrong path.
From a link statement:
He (Gleeson) initially claimed to have bought the supplement himself and had received clearance to take it from Cooper.
He later admitted, however, that he had obtained it from his former team-mate Sean Long "and did not speak to Mr Cooper himself but instead relied on Mr Long's (truthful) statement that he had sought and obtained Mr Cooper's clearance to use the supplement".

Martin Gleeson needs all the help that can be given to him, he has been a talent of Rugby Leauge, but sadly a bloke easily led.

BriH

Post by BriH »

Stop making excuses for him. He is an adult and should know better.
How many chances do these idiots deserve?
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

It is so SAD and what a WASTE of good tallent!!!! love him or hate him he was one of the best centres in the world and when he put his mind to it few could hold a candle to him. He was his own worst enemy and wigan has never replaced him I for one am sorry to see him go and though I do not condone what he did, he will be missed by me
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

His two worst failings are his circle of friends that he keeps plus he aint the brightest between the ears (away from the pitch, of course).

This all contributes to him pressing the self-destruct button too frequently, unfortunately.

Time has to come for him to realise his own problems - he can't rely on everyone else sorting them out for him.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

And maybe we end up with another RL player feeling exactly the same way that Terry Newton did.