STORM season 2012

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Nezza Faz

Re: STORM season 2012

Post by Nezza Faz »

Watched it on Premier TV Ch. High quality game played at a quick pace, but thought for long periods the B'dogs were goping to clinch it. Cam Smith looked a bit off-colur and this may have affected the team performance 'cos he's so influential in how the Storm go.

Congratulations on the win though - a good 2 pts.
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Cammy had a virus all week and wasn`t sure if he was even going to play.GREAT EFFORT from Cammy considering.I was confident in our defence to hold out the pups.Hoffy got the 3 votes.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Stormfan wrote:Cammy had a virus all week and wasn`t sure if he was even going to play.GREAT EFFORT from Cammy considering.I was confident in our defence to hold out the pups.Hoffy got the 3 votes.

'Cos of all he learnt in "Blighty" ?? :D
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

NRL free weekend next weekend with it being just the stand alone VB Test,played at Eden Park,NZ Friday 20th
And the City v Country Origin match,played at Mudgee Sunday 22nd

The next two NRL games will be the Anzac Day clashes Wednesday 25th April.
St George/Illawarra Dragons V Sydney Roosters - 4PM
Melbourne Storm V N.Z. Warriors - 7:00PM
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

Nezza do you really believe that he learnt his skills in UK? :o He learnt it all at STORM under Craig Bellamy.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Stormfan, all because of Wigan, coupled with his diet of pies & black puddings :lol:

Seriously I think it did gave him another angle to his game, but of course Bellamy's influence was massive - as it was on Madge, imo.
markill

Post by markill »

Nezza Faz wrote:Stormfan, all because of Wigan, coupled with his diet of pies & black puddings :lol:

Seriously I think it did gave him another angle to his game, but of course Bellamy's influence was massive - as it was on Madge, imo.
I think Hoffman gave Wigan more than Wigan gave Hoffman. But he got a CC winners medal from being with us. He was outstanding before he came to us and has been as good as ever since going back. We were lucky to have him in our team for the year he was and he'll be remembered fondly for his limited time here, as it seems he'll remember it fondly too.

Maybe one thing he got was a greater sense of leadership by being a big name experienced player in our squad. Although he hasn't had to be a leader back at the storm this year, they have so much quality all over the park.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

I think Ryan Hoffman is a quality player and I am glad he spent the year at Wigan and kept his standards up which benefits both of our teams.
Maybe the pies helped but you can`t convince me about black pudding(YUKK)
The NRL had a week off cos of the Trans Tasman clash between OZ & NZ which OZ won 20-12. CAMMY scored the match sealing try.
BILLY was sinbinned for 10 minutes but it gave him a rest and 10 less minutes to get injured so all is well.COOPER CRONK played a very serviceable game.
STORM play the worriors on ANZAC DAY (WED).Will it be 8 in a row? HOPE SO.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Good luck on Weds, but trouble is i also like the Warriors - perhaps seettle for a draw !

Match live here on Prem Sports TV which I'll have to Sky+ so please NO scores, Stormfan !

Just off for my breakfast now - lovely black pudd :doz:
Stormfan

Post by Stormfan »

A couple of seasons ago it was a drawn game between STORM and worriors.Even after extra time no-one could score so very fitting it was drawn on ANZAC DAY.
LEST WE FORGET..