Charnley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Charley

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The key reasons as to why the Exiles concept was devised was to give England higher intensity matches in preparation for future internationals against New Zealand and Australia, as well as beginning the process of team selection ready for the 2013 world cup. Here are a few flaws to the Exiles concept:-

1. Steve McNamara is in charge.
2. None of the Australian based English players are involved.
3. Many of the current top English players didn't play in both games.
4. The Exiles don't represent a true International challenge.
5. Intensity is not there at all because of point 4. (not blaming the Exiles)
6. The Crowd, SL Coaches, Coverage etc. doesn't believe in the concept.

The above 6 points therefore lead onto McNamara not being any wiser to his best team, making representing England a mockery of true international RL, giving younger players false hope that they are international class, turning English fans against International RL rather than with it and if anything making our international set up more of a joke than it already is.

Any Australian watching that last night must have been laughing their socks off at the whole concept, it was EMBARRASSING!

Finally, the whole concept could potentially derail WWRLFC attempts at a clean sweep this year and that hacks me off more than anything.

JOKE!!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
i'm spartacus

Re: Charley

Post by i'm spartacus »

ancientnloyal wrote:Whatever happens we will get battered by the aussies... Always will until our game here changes. We can play a team of Hanleys and it wouldnt matter
Compare and contrast the State of Origin game on Wednesday morning, with the Exiles game on Wednesday evening.

The first one was a full 80 minutes of international standard rugby league in front of over 52,000 supporters.

The second was what looked like a championship game in front of under 8,000 supporters.

From those two exiles games, the coach who cannot coach must decide who is going to face the Aussie's; a team that will be picked from the two teams on show in the Origin game.

We are doomed
southernpie

Re: Charnley

Post by southernpie »

I didn't get to watch SOO until yesterday evening followed immediately by the exiles and agree with everything already said especially TEW's points.

I tried to think who should be our first 17 in the world cup and from who was on show last night, only Josh, Mozz and possibly Liam and Carvell should be anywhere near our starting team. There may be players down under I forget about but I think I would come up with something like this and even then I don't think most have the intensity experience to get close to the Aussies especially if it was reffed any way like SOO:
1 Sam
2 Josh
3 Daz
4 J Reed
5 R Hall
6 G Widdup
7 Don't know maybe Lomax
8 S Burgess
9 Roby
10 Fat Prince Henry
11 Gaz H
12 G Ellis
13 Lockers

14 Mozz
15 Carvell
16 Micky Mac
17 ?? trying to think off a good utility player to cover the backs and failing.

Then we need a totally different coaching team, how about SW, Radders, Faz, Sean Edwards and Ellery.
:cool:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Wes

Post by Wes »

What no Rangi Chase! Are you mad! ..........
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

If these games must be played,then after the Grand Final please. could the Exiles not be included in the end of season games. I thought the Exiles management team and players were surprised by just how easy the game was for them.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
Now comes the media push to justify the event and its the fans who seem to be at fault because of there tribalism !

You want an England / GB side, start playing the, off the cuff Rugby league that we are capable of instead of trying to match the aussies at there own game as they will grind you down and blow you off the park when you make a mistake.

Irrespective of that the games need to meaningful to justify fixed/inflated RFL pricing, hence the panic then to flog tickets with shirts or at seriously knocked down prices

I've said it before, I would love for England/GB to be a major player on the international scene and to be credible opposition to the antipodeans at the world cup, BUT the powers that be have got to come up with a credible system to ensure that we can compete first. They have to have a logical run up to the internationals. There is no point interrupting the domestic season with nonsense games, either the full 1st team plays or they are played at the end of the season
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

29wes28 wrote:What no Rangi Chase! Are you mad! ..........
He might be Australian by then! :(
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sounds like Josh is out for a while: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18725230

If he heard something pop it could be his achillies which could be a 6 month layoff at worst (actually I nkow from personal experience that you can be out for 12 months with a full achillies rupture - but he'd have know if he had done that - i still have 6 months to go on my recovery after 2 ops!).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Season could be derailed by injuries
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Seriously f***** off now and all for what? F***** joke!!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett